Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week’s inspiration is a fabulously decorated fall porch! Aren’t those colors vibrant for fall?
I knew I wanted to feature pumpkins some how…and didn’t want to copy Mary’s card by using the same stamp set! I also was stymied on what to use for the plaid print since we really didn’t have a plaid with those colors! But, inspiration struck when I thought I could ADD the blue color to one of the existing Plaid Tidings Designer Paper patterns that had gold and orange already in it! Stampin’ Up! Blends to the rescue!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Misty Moonlight cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Misty Moonlight cardstock was embossed with the Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder.
- The 2 x 5 piece of Plaid Tidings Designer Paper was originally just orange/yellow/white. I added the blue stripe by using a ruler and the Light Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends. I think it turned out really nice! That was adhered towards the right side.
- A 1/2 x 4 piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock was added across the front.
- The label was cut from Whisper White with the Halloween Magic Die (I love using the labels for more than what they were intended in the die set!). It was stamped with the greeting from Gather Together in Misty Moonlight Ink, then added with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the front.
- The pumpkins from Gather Together stamp set were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with Pumpkin Pie Combo and Dark Mango Melody, Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. They were cut with the Gathered Leaves Dies an added to the label with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The maple leaf from the Gathered Leaves Dies was cut/embossed from Bumblebee cardstock and sponged with Pumpkin Pie Ink around the edges, then added to the label with Stampin’ Dimensionals tucked behind the pumpkins.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the large pumpkin with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Two blue Holiday Rhinestones were added to the label.
SOOO happy with how altering the Plaid Tidings DSP made the print colors that I needed to look similar to the inspiration photo! And, isn’t it fun to take a stamp set that has been around for a while an update it with new colors and DSP? OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!