Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week we have a pretty graphic design decorated cake to inspire us! The frosting technique they used is called spatula painting.
IN SYMMETRY and WATERCOLOR SHAPES
I just purchased the Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set and thought it would work to create the “spatula painting” background on my card like that is shown on the cake! But, I also felt my card need a focal image, so I added the flower from In Symmetry since it has a modern feel, too.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Basic White, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base card.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White, the narrow oval was stamped in Bumblebee, So Saffron, Pool Party, Midnight Muse and Flirty Flamingo Inks in a zig zag pattern.
- The flower head was stamped twice to form the full flower in Flirty Flamingo Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock, the center with So Saffron Ink, and the small center with Pool Party Ink. All were hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped with Pool Party Ink on scrap Basic White and cut apart, then layered under the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Thanks so much from In Symmetry stamp set was stamped with Midnight Muse Ink in the upper right corner.
- A trio of Clear Epoxy Essentials were added to the background and one to the center of the flower.
Definitely a different look, but think the background resembles the cake! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM