On this Memorial Day, I wish thank all the service men and women AND their families who have sacrificed SO much for our freedom. I certainly appreciate what you do.
It’s time for the last Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday in May! We have a fun, whimsical cake for our inspiration this week! I just love these topsy-turvy cakes!
I decided to use more of the color combination rather than the “theme” of the cake, so used my new Lilypad Lake bundle! I was excited to get this set to use on some cards for my mom and dad, to remind them of Candlewood Lake where they used to live! The images are also SO soothing!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gorgeous Grape cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 1-3/4 x 5 piece of the blue pattern in Tranquil Textures Designer Paper was stamped several times with the “waves” image in Lilypad Lake using Balmy Blue Ink. It was adhered to a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White towards the bottom.
- The crane and lilypad were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and lightly watercolored with Balmy Blue, Granite Gray, Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizzazz Markers and an AquaPainter. They were cut with the Lakeside Framelits. Two grasses were cut from Pear Pizzazz cardstock, too, then all were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Lilypad Lake was stamped with Memento Black Ink on the front of the Whisper White.
- The Whisper White panel is adhered to a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Balmy Blue cardstock, then to the Gorgeous Grape base card.
- A couple Metallic Sequins were added for a little bling.
So tranquil and calm, don’t you think? And the colors match the colors in the fun cake, don’t they?
OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV