On this Memorial Day, I wish thank all the service men and women AND their families who have sacrificed SO much for our freedom. I certainly appreciate what you do.
It’s time for the last Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday in May! We have a fun, whimsical cake for our inspiration this week! I just love these topsy-turvy cakes!
I decided to use more of the color combination rather than the “theme” of the cake, so used my new Lilypad Lake bundle! I was excited to get this set to use on some cards for my mom and dad, to remind them of Candlewood Lake where they used to live! The images are also SO soothing!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gorgeous Grape cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 1-3/4 x 5 piece of the blue pattern in Tranquil Textures Designer Paper was stamped several times with the “waves” image in Lilypad Lake using Balmy Blue Ink. It was adhered to a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White towards the bottom.
- The crane and lilypad were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and lightly watercolored with Balmy Blue, Granite Gray, Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizzazz Markers and an AquaPainter. They were cut with the Lakeside Framelits. Two grasses were cut from Pear Pizzazz cardstock, too, then all were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Lilypad Lake was stamped with Memento Black Ink on the front of the Whisper White.
- The Whisper White panel is adhered to a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Balmy Blue cardstock, then to the Gorgeous Grape base card.
- A couple Metallic Sequins were added for a little bling.
So tranquil and calm, don’t you think? And the colors match the colors in the fun cake, don’t they?
OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
For our CELEBRATION TIDINGS COLLECTION we've done something other than bag toppers! Our Collection has FOUR cards, a GIFT CARD holder and a fun SWEET TREAT HOLDER for a total of SIX tutorials! These tutorials are easy enough for in-person or online classes! ALL SIX tutorials using the CELEBRATION TIDINGS BUNDLE and Plaid Tidings Designer Paper are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step directions. SEE MORE DETAILS HERE!
From sweet to just a little bit spooky...the HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC BUNDLE is a great Halloween set. The labels in the Halloween Magic Dies can be used for more than Halloween...they are a wonderful shape! We've paired this bundle with the coordinating Magic in the Night Suite of products! Our HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC COLLECTION has TWO card tutorials and TWO home decor/favor tutorials. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: YR927SKF