On this Memorial Day, I wish thank all the service men and women AND their families who have sacrificed SO much for our freedom. I certainly appreciate what you do.
It’s time for the last Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday in May! We have a fun, whimsical cake for our inspiration this week! I just love these topsy-turvy cakes!
I decided to use more of the color combination rather than the “theme” of the cake, so used my new Lilypad Lake bundle! I was excited to get this set to use on some cards for my mom and dad, to remind them of Candlewood Lake where they used to live! The images are also SO soothing!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gorgeous Grape cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 1-3/4 x 5 piece of the blue pattern in Tranquil Textures Designer Paper was stamped several times with the “waves” image in Lilypad Lake using Balmy Blue Ink. It was adhered to a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White towards the bottom.
- The crane and lilypad were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and lightly watercolored with Balmy Blue, Granite Gray, Gorgeous Grape and Pear Pizzazz Markers and an AquaPainter. They were cut with the Lakeside Framelits. Two grasses were cut from Pear Pizzazz cardstock, too, then all were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Lilypad Lake was stamped with Memento Black Ink on the front of the Whisper White.
- The Whisper White panel is adhered to a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Balmy Blue cardstock, then to the Gorgeous Grape base card.
- A couple Metallic Sequins were added for a little bling.
So tranquil and calm, don’t you think? And the colors match the colors in the fun cake, don’t they?
OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!