Happy Monday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!
It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Aren’t these bird cookies just TOO darling for words? I sure wish I could decorate cookies like that! Wouldn’t they be a fun birthday treat?
Well, Sweet Songbirds was obviously the stamp set to use for today’s challenge! Made it pretty easy! Next, I saw a card done by Laura Milligan that inspired MY card. I changed it up to make it my own, but I love the rectangle background die she used!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock was cut with the Picture This rectangle Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. (Save those rectangles for another project!)
- The large bird from Sweet Songbirds was stamped with So Saffron Ink, the eyes with Memento Black, and the wing with Smoky Slate Ink on Basic White cardstock, then punched with the Songbird Builder Punch.
- The small bird from Sweet Songbirds was stamped with Smoky Slate Ink, the eyes with Memento Black, and the wing with So Saffron Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut.
- The two beaks were punched from Mango Melody cardstock with the punch and adhered.
- The nest was stamped with Crumb Cake Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and hand-cut. The tree branch was stamped with Crumb Cake and the leaves with Old Olive Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut, then added to the front.
- The greetings and notes were stamped with Memento Black Ink in the rectangle openings.
- A trio of Polished Dots were added to the background.
SO, it’s my day to celebrate and I’m SOOO happy with how this card turned out! I have to remember to use this background die more often! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It's Christmas in July!!! (Well...almost!) We wanted to give you a jump start on planning your Christmas in July classes or holiday projects by introducing our TREES FOR SALE COLLECTION now! We've combined the July-December Mini Catalog's TREES FOR SALE STAMP SET with the awesome Sale-A-Bration TREE LOT DIES that are available as your FREE option with purchase in July and August! You'll love the whimsical selection of tree images, and the darling retro camper dies with fun accessories! Our TREES FOR SALE COLLECTION has EIGHT card designs...including two easy fun folds that you are going to love! We've paired the Trees for Sale and Tree Lot Dies with the new Sweetest Christmas Designer Paper in this Collection for a traditional warm Christmas look! See more details HERE!
Stay cool and hydrated this summer by creating with Stampin' Up!'s fun new HIPPEST HIPPOS SALE-A-BRATION STAMP SET and coordinating SALE-A-BRATION HIPPO DIES! Each are FREE with qualifying Stampin' Up! purchase! These chubby characters will steal your heart with their fun antics in the water and out! Match the hippos with whimsical greetings to send off a little cheer. Our HIPPEST HIPPOS COLLECTION has THREE card designs (one an interactive card) and a cute gift card project for a total of FOUR project tutorials! We've paired the Hippest Hippos Bundle with the new Design a Daydream Host Only Designer Paper in this Collection for some stinkin' cute results! See more details here!