Happy Monday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!
It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Aren’t these bird cookies just TOO darling for words? I sure wish I could decorate cookies like that! Wouldn’t they be a fun birthday treat?
Well, Sweet Songbirds was obviously the stamp set to use for today’s challenge! Made it pretty easy! Next, I saw a card done by Laura Milligan that inspired MY card. I changed it up to make it my own, but I love the rectangle background die she used!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock was cut with the Picture This rectangle Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. (Save those rectangles for another project!)
- The large bird from Sweet Songbirds was stamped with So Saffron Ink, the eyes with Memento Black, and the wing with Smoky Slate Ink on Basic White cardstock, then punched with the Songbird Builder Punch.
- The small bird from Sweet Songbirds was stamped with Smoky Slate Ink, the eyes with Memento Black, and the wing with So Saffron Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut.
- The two beaks were punched from Mango Melody cardstock with the punch and adhered.
- The nest was stamped with Crumb Cake Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and hand-cut. The tree branch was stamped with Crumb Cake and the leaves with Old Olive Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut, then added to the front.
- The greetings and notes were stamped with Memento Black Ink in the rectangle openings.
- A trio of Polished Dots were added to the background.
SO, it’s my day to celebrate and I’m SOOO happy with how this card turned out! I have to remember to use this background die more often! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!