It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! Isn’t this a GORGEOUS fall cake? I love the wood “bark” frosting along the bottom tier!
The tree rings image in the Ringed with Nature stamp set I thought fit this inspiration perfectly! I debated embossing them with the Tree Rings EF, too, but decided not.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock was stamped with the tree rings from Ringed with Nature stamp set in Early Espresso Ink and added to the front.
- A 2-1/4 x 5 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was stamped with the Ringed with Nature flower in Pumpkin Pie Ink, the leaves with Old Olive Ink, the center and greeting with Early Espresso Ink.
- A 1/2 x 4 piece of Abigail Rose DSP was added along the bottom, then a 1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Pumpkin Pie was adhered under the DSP. This element was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The berries were cut with the Tree Rings Dies from Pumpkin Pie and the leaves from Mossy Meadow, then the leaves cut and added to the berry branches. They were tucked along the top left corner.
- The acorn top was cut with the Tree Rings Dies from Early Espresso cardstock and the base from Crumb Cake cardstock. It was sponged with some Early Espresso Ink, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the top of the acorn witha Mini Glue Dot.
- Three small Rustic Dots were added to the center of the flower.
More rustic, but still feminine…just like the cake! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Inks: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Tree Rings Dies, Abigail Rose Designer Paper, Rustic Dots, Linen Thread, Sponge Dauber, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!