It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! I love this lacy looking flower and I knew immediately what I wanted to do!
I used the large and small leaves from Rooted in Nature Bundle to create my large yellow flower! And paired it with the polka dot pattern in the Brights Designer Paper Package…I love that we have the DSP in all colors again AND that they feature polka dots and stripes…my favorites!
This is a Z-fold card, so here is what it looks like open.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, scored at 2-3/4 and 5-1/2. It is folded in half and the front panel is folded back on itself.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Daffodil Delight Brights Designer Paper was added to the inside panel.
- To create the flower, I started by stamping 7 of the large leaves with Crushed Curry Ink on Whisper White. Next is 6 of the smaller leaf stamped with Crushed Curry Ink on Daffodil Delight cardstock. They were cut out with the framelit.
- I punched a 2″ circle and covered it with Snail adhesive, then began with the larger leaves and formed the background flower.
- On the smaller leaves I placed the adhesive on the back and layered over the large ones. I curled all the petals slightly for a natural look.
- In the center is a large Gold Faceted Gem.
- The flower was added to the front panel, hanging over the edge.
- For the actual “leaves” of the flower, I stamped with Granny Apple Green Ink on Granny Apple Green cardstock, then cut out with the framelit and tucked them under the flower on the front panel.
- Finally, the greeting was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Whisper White and hand cut and adhered on the DSP.
LOVE it! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!