It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! I love this lacy looking flower and I knew immediately what I wanted to do!
I used the large and small leaves from Rooted in Nature Bundle to create my large yellow flower! And paired it with the polka dot pattern in the Brights Designer Paper Package…I love that we have the DSP in all colors again AND that they feature polka dots and stripes…my favorites!
This is a Z-fold card, so here is what it looks like open.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, scored at 2-3/4 and 5-1/2. It is folded in half and the front panel is folded back on itself.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Daffodil Delight Brights Designer Paper was added to the inside panel.
- To create the flower, I started by stamping 7 of the large leaves with Crushed Curry Ink on Whisper White. Next is 6 of the smaller leaf stamped with Crushed Curry Ink on Daffodil Delight cardstock. They were cut out with the framelit.
- I punched a 2″ circle and covered it with Snail adhesive, then began with the larger leaves and formed the background flower.
- On the smaller leaves I placed the adhesive on the back and layered over the large ones. I curled all the petals slightly for a natural look.
- In the center is a large Gold Faceted Gem.
- The flower was added to the front panel, hanging over the edge.
- For the actual “leaves” of the flower, I stamped with Granny Apple Green Ink on Granny Apple Green cardstock, then cut out with the framelit and tucked them under the flower on the front panel.
- Finally, the greeting was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Whisper White and hand cut and adhered on the DSP.
LOVE it! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our newest tutorials featuring the FANTASTIC Country Home Collection are NOW AVAILABLE! We fell in love with the "farmhouse" style of the Country Lane Suite of products and are excited for you to see what we did with them! We have three cards (one a special fold) and a wonderful home decor project, all designed by Connie and Mary! See all the details HERE!