It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! I’m not sure if this is wall decor, or maybe a pendant for a necklace…but I love the glassy look to it! Also very abstract!
I actually made two different cards…the first one VERY different from the inspiration other than the colors and speckles (I’ll show that at a different time) and it showed off a new stamp set, but then decided to re-do it using my first thought of Touches of Textures…an older set, but the flowers just came out with just the right look! Isn’t it fun how you can re-create the look of something with stamps??? I think it is pretty darn close!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Balmy Blue cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White, I started by stamping the flower heads with Poppy Parade Ink four times.
- I made a mask, then used to over the flowers while I stamped the stems in Shaded Spruce Ink. I watercolored the leaves with a little ink and AquaPainter.
- I used the little round speckle image and stamped with Memento Black a couple times at the top of each stem on the red flower.
- I stamped off using Balmy Blue Ink and the larger speckle stamp for the background several times.
- The Poppy Parade Mini Striped ribbon was wrapped around the Whisper White and tied in a knot.
- Celebrate greeting from Labels to Love was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Balmy Blue cardstock, then punched with the Tailored Tag Punch and added on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’m very excited with how this card turned out!!! Doesn’t it look like the inspiration piece? OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!