It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! I admit…this inspiration really stumped me. If I had the new Sea of Textures stamp set/Under the Sea Framelits, I would have gone with that…but, I had to be little more “creative” and think out of the box on this one. Not sure if I truly captured it, but it did inspire my card and I guess that is the most important point!
I used the Rooted in Nature stamp set mostly because this leaf reminded me of the inspiration piece, and I went with similar colors.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gray Granite cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Tranquil Tide cardstock.
- Three of the leaves were stamped with Tranquil Tide ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut with the Nature’s Roots Framelits.
- The leaves were layered on the scallop squares from the Layering Squares Framelits, cut from Gray Granite cardstock and popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front of a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White cardstock.
- The greeting from Rooted in Nature was stamped with Tranquil Tide at the bottom.
- Two large Rhinestone Jewels were placed on each side of the greeting.
OK…so can you see where I was going with the inspiration photo? I hope so! Go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!