So, here is what I came up with using the new stamp set, Winter Woods. This stamp set wasn’t on my radar at first, but I do love this grove of trees! My Stamp Club did a fall card using it last month…here is more of a “winter” scene for a Christmas card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shaded Spruce cardstock, stamped along the bottom with the Merry Christmas greeting from Timeless Tidings stamp set.
- On the 3-1/4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White cardstock, the bottom was masked off with a torn piece of paper, and a 2″ Circle punched from a post-it note was added to the front. Then Blushing Bride Ink was applied upwards from the top of the torn piece with a sponge dauber. Pool Party Ink was applied going downward from the top to meet the Blushing Bride Ink and then Night of Navy and Shaded Spruce Inks were added at the top for a dark wintery morning scene.
- The circle mask was removed and the grove of trees in Winter Woods was stamped with Shaded Spruce, the ground with Crumb Cake Ink, then the Shimmery White piece added to the Shaded Spruce layer.
- A length of 1/8″ Braided Linen Trim was wrapped around and tied in a knot with the ends frayed.
- A trio of Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins were added on front.
It’s been a while since I’ve done sponged backgrounds, but they are SO much fun! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are SO excited that we just had to publish a special release with a NEW collection of tutorials for the Painted Seasons Bundle right away! We have coordinated our tutorials with the Well Said Bundle, but any greetings could be used. There are tutorials for three cards (one a special fold) and a home décor 3D project. See the details HERE!
Don't you just LOVE the bright and cheery colors and fun images in Stampin' Up!'s How Sweet It Is Suite of products? Our Sweetest Thing Collection uses the entire suite! We have three cards (one a special fold) and a FUN 3D project, that will just BRIGHTEN your day! All are designed by Connie and Mary and exclusive to our subscribers! See all the details HERE!