So, here is what I came up with using the new stamp set, Winter Woods. This stamp set wasn’t on my radar at first, but I do love this grove of trees! My Stamp Club did a fall card using it last month…here is more of a “winter” scene for a Christmas card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shaded Spruce cardstock, stamped along the bottom with the Merry Christmas greeting from Timeless Tidings stamp set.
- On the 3-1/4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White cardstock, the bottom was masked off with a torn piece of paper, and a 2″ Circle punched from a post-it note was added to the front. Then Blushing Bride Ink was applied upwards from the top of the torn piece with a sponge dauber. Pool Party Ink was applied going downward from the top to meet the Blushing Bride Ink and then Night of Navy and Shaded Spruce Inks were added at the top for a dark wintery morning scene.
- The circle mask was removed and the grove of trees in Winter Woods was stamped with Shaded Spruce, the ground with Crumb Cake Ink, then the Shimmery White piece added to the Shaded Spruce layer.
- A length of 1/8″ Braided Linen Trim was wrapped around and tied in a knot with the ends frayed.
- A trio of Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins were added on front.
It’s been a while since I’ve done sponged backgrounds, but they are SO much fun! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Is there anyone who doesn't like furry friends? We've combined Nine Lives and Happy Tails Stamp Sets to bring you our Pawprints Collection of tutorials! We've also used the Regals 6x6 Designer Paper Stack for a bright and cheerful look. You get SIX card tutorials using these two stamp sets for only $10 US! HINT: If you only have one of the sets, you can use the images interchangeably! See the details here!