So, here is what I came up with using the new stamp set, Winter Woods. This stamp set wasn’t on my radar at first, but I do love this grove of trees! My Stamp Club did a fall card using it last month…here is more of a “winter” scene for a Christmas card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shaded Spruce cardstock, stamped along the bottom with the Merry Christmas greeting from Timeless Tidings stamp set.
- On the 3-1/4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White cardstock, the bottom was masked off with a torn piece of paper, and a 2″ Circle punched from a post-it note was added to the front. Then Blushing Bride Ink was applied upwards from the top of the torn piece with a sponge dauber. Pool Party Ink was applied going downward from the top to meet the Blushing Bride Ink and then Night of Navy and Shaded Spruce Inks were added at the top for a dark wintery morning scene.
- The circle mask was removed and the grove of trees in Winter Woods was stamped with Shaded Spruce, the ground with Crumb Cake Ink, then the Shimmery White piece added to the Shaded Spruce layer.
- A length of 1/8″ Braided Linen Trim was wrapped around and tied in a knot with the ends frayed.
- A trio of Basic Adhesive Backed Sequins were added on front.
It’s been a while since I’ve done sponged backgrounds, but they are SO much fun! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Next up in our Annual Catalog releases is the absolutely darling WAY TO GOAT stamp set! Really...how much cuter can one set be? The greetings in it are perfect for those friends and family with a sense of humor! Our WAY TO GOAT COLLECTION of six card tutorials is combined with the Tasteful Label Dies and Subtles Designer Paper for a bright, fresh look! See more details HERE!
We love our next release from Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalog called Nothing's Better Than! This whimsical stamp set with dies has coffee, cookies, cocktails and chocolate images...definitely some of our favorite things! And we've combined them with the NEW In Colors! Our NOTHING'S BETTER THAN COLLECTION of tutorials is an EXPANDED Collection with SIX projects! You'll get step-by-step instructions for FOUR cards and TWO small 3D favor projects...perfect for gift giving or upcoming craft fairs! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: 7AWMZ9PR