It’s Monday and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! Aren’t these colors gorgeous! I’ve always loved a deep raspberry color!
After SEVERAL trial and errors, I finally settled on Berry Bliss to use for my inspiration card. I little lighter than I really wanted to use, but we don’t have Raspberry Ripple anymore! lol! Here’s what I came up with…I’ve had my Humming Along stamp set since OnStage, but I hadn’t even put it together! So, I pulled it out to use today!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form the base card.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Over that is a 2-3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Berry Bliss cardstock, run thru the Big Shot with the new Dot to Dot Textured Embossing folder.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 piece of Botanical Butterfly DSP was added across the front.
- The Braided Linen Thread was wrapped around and tied in a knot, then the ends were frayed.
- The flower from Humming Along was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and carefully colored with Berry Bliss, Daffodil Delight and Garden Green Markers and an AquaPainter by scribbling on the case and picking up the colors with the AquaPainter. After it dried, the lines were defined again with the Markers for a definite color contrast. It was cut with the largest Layering Oval Framelit.
- Thank you from Humming Along was stamped with Memento Black on Whisper White and cut with the Layering Oval Framelit. Both were placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I haven’t done that outline marker technique in a LONG time…I have gotten so used to using the Stampin’ Blends! I can’t wait until we have the Blends in EVERY color! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are SO excited that we just had to publish a special release with a NEW collection of tutorials for the Painted Seasons Bundle right away! We have coordinated our tutorials with the Well Said Bundle, but any greetings could be used. There are tutorials for three cards (one a special fold) and a home décor 3D project. See the details HERE!
Don't you just LOVE the bright and cheery colors and fun images in Stampin' Up!'s How Sweet It Is Suite of products? Our Sweetest Thing Collection uses the entire suite! We have three cards (one a special fold) and a FUN 3D project, that will just BRIGHTEN your day! All are designed by Connie and Mary and exclusive to our subscribers! See all the details HERE!