It’s Monday and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! Aren’t these colors gorgeous! I’ve always loved a deep raspberry color!
After SEVERAL trial and errors, I finally settled on Berry Bliss to use for my inspiration card. I little lighter than I really wanted to use, but we don’t have Raspberry Ripple anymore! lol! Here’s what I came up with…I’ve had my Humming Along stamp set since OnStage, but I hadn’t even put it together! So, I pulled it out to use today!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form the base card.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Over that is a 2-3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Berry Bliss cardstock, run thru the Big Shot with the new Dot to Dot Textured Embossing folder.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 piece of Botanical Butterfly DSP was added across the front.
- The Braided Linen Thread was wrapped around and tied in a knot, then the ends were frayed.
- The flower from Humming Along was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and carefully colored with Berry Bliss, Daffodil Delight and Garden Green Markers and an AquaPainter by scribbling on the case and picking up the colors with the AquaPainter. After it dried, the lines were defined again with the Markers for a definite color contrast. It was cut with the largest Layering Oval Framelit.
- Thank you from Humming Along was stamped with Memento Black on Whisper White and cut with the Layering Oval Framelit. Both were placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I haven’t done that outline marker technique in a LONG time…I have gotten so used to using the Stampin’ Blends! I can’t wait until we have the Blends in EVERY color! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up! has designed a "Make a Difference" stamp set called Nature's Beauty in the Holiday Catalog, where $3 of every sale goes towards mental health organizations in each market. To support this endeavor, we have created a collection of SIX card tutorials featuring the Nature's Beauty stamp set! We've already done the design work for you with step-by-step directions and cutting information for our SIX unique card design tutorials! More details here!