It’s Monday and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! Wouldn’t you LOVE a fancy cake like this, although I’m not too sure how good the black fondant would taste…lol!
Of course, with all the lilies on top of this cake, I had to use my Lasting Lily stamp set. Hard to tell, but the black background is embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder for a cool medallion look like on the cake. (Too funny, I recently saw an Artisan post a card similar to this, but mine was already done! Amazing how minds can think alike!)
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 Basic Black cardstock is embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder (carryover from the Holiday Catalog) and added on top of the base card.
- A 1-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of So Saffron was adhered on top.
- The lily stems and leaves from Lasting Lily Stamp Set were stamped with Old Olive Ink and the blooms with Pool Party Ink. The stamens were colored with Daffodil Delight Light Stampin’ Blends. All were hand cut (the Framelits has sold out).
- Some white Adhesive Sequins were added to the background.
- A bow was tied from the Pool Party/Silver Baker’s Twine and added with a mini glue dot to the stems.
I think it is a pretty good representation of the Inspiration photo, don’t you? OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up! has designed a "Make a Difference" stamp set called Nature's Beauty in the Holiday Catalog, where $3 of every sale goes towards mental health organizations in each market. To support this endeavor, we have created a collection of SIX card tutorials featuring the Nature's Beauty stamp set! We've already done the design work for you with step-by-step directions and cutting information for our SIX unique card design tutorials! More details here!