It’s Monday and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! Don’t you LOVE when the flowers start popping up in the Spring? I love the bright greens of the trees and new grass and brilliant flower colors…always cheers me up! This inspiration photo is just perfect for this time of year!
I went searching for a stamp image that would recreate this look and decided to use Abstract Impressions for my mini card! I purchased these Narrow Notecards and Envelopes for a little something to add to a wrapped gift, instead of a full-size card. It was easy enough to decorate both the card and envelope!
- The base is the 4-1/2 x 5 Narrow Notecard, folded in half.
- On top is a 2 x 4-3/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock that was watercolored with some Balmy Blue Ink and an AquaPainter in the lower left corner.
- On top of the watercolor it was stamped with the speckle from Beauty Abounds stamp set in stamped off Balmy Blue Ink.
- Over that, the flower stems were stamped in Call Me Clover Ink.
- The flower blossoms were punched from Whisper White cardstock with the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack and the centers from Daffodil Delight cardstock. They were added to the front with Mini Glue Dots over the stems.
- A Little Note from Butterfly Gala stamp set was stamped with Balmy Blue Ink. The Whisper White layer was added to the Narrow Notecard with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- It is hard to see, but I added some Clear Epoxy Dots along the bottom of the stems to represent the “snow” as in the inspiration piece. Fun!
I really like how this turned out…says SPRING to me! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!