It’s Monday (HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY!) and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! When Mary picked this inspiration photo, I mentioned that it was kind of “obvious”…but I think I came up with a cool way to do the gears on my card!
GEARED UP GARAGE
Maybe this technique is out there, but I hadn’t seen it. I’m happy to get ahead of my Father’s Day cards, too! I love the grunge of the background…started with some Designer Paper! Can you tell which one?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Tranquil Textures Designer Paper was stamped all around the edges with the grunge image in Geared Up Garage and Soft Suede Ink.
- A 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Merry Merlot cardstock was added across the front.
- The large and small gears from Garage Gears Thinlits were cut from Copper Metallic Paper. I used the Dark Night of Navy, Dark Merry Merlot and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and scribbled randomly over top.
- Using the Stazon Black Ink Pad, smoosh it all over the gears to give them a darker, blended look. Let dry. Add the larger gears to the front of the card with Tombow Monoadhesive.
- Stamp Happy Father’s Day with Merry Merlot Ink on Crumb Cake and cut with the Garage Gears Thinlit. Add to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the small gear next to the greeting with Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that a COOL technique??? I love how it turned out and how similar it looked to the inspiration photo! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are continuing our Annual Catalog releases with the beautiful Prized Peony Suite of products. These DisINKtive stamps and interactive dies make gorgeous flowers! Did you know that peonies come in a variety of colors? We have shown a few different flower colors on our projects. Our expanded Prized Peony Collection has four cards and two small 3D project tutorials, perfect for those special people in your life. See the details HERE!
Next up in our Annual Catalog releases is the absolutely darling WAY TO GOAT stamp set! Really...how much cuter can one set be? The greetings in it are perfect for those friends and family with a sense of humor! Our WAY TO GOAT COLLECTION of six card tutorials is combined with the Tasteful Label Dies and Subtles Designer Paper for a bright, fresh look! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: 7AWMZ9PR