It’s Monday (HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY!) and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! When Mary picked this inspiration photo, I mentioned that it was kind of “obvious”…but I think I came up with a cool way to do the gears on my card!
GEARED UP GARAGE
Maybe this technique is out there, but I hadn’t seen it. I’m happy to get ahead of my Father’s Day cards, too! I love the grunge of the background…started with some Designer Paper! Can you tell which one?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Tranquil Textures Designer Paper was stamped all around the edges with the grunge image in Geared Up Garage and Soft Suede Ink.
- A 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Merry Merlot cardstock was added across the front.
- The large and small gears from Garage Gears Thinlits were cut from Copper Metallic Paper. I used the Dark Night of Navy, Dark Merry Merlot and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and scribbled randomly over top.
- Using the Stazon Black Ink Pad, smoosh it all over the gears to give them a darker, blended look. Let dry. Add the larger gears to the front of the card with Tombow Monoadhesive.
- Stamp Happy Father’s Day with Merry Merlot Ink on Crumb Cake and cut with the Garage Gears Thinlit. Add to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the small gear next to the greeting with Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that a COOL technique??? I love how it turned out and how similar it looked to the inspiration photo! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Next up in our Christmas Collections we featured the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set with the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper for a warm holiday feel! Our GNOME FOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION has THREE cards (one a special fold card), and a darling home décor item perfect for a small gift! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: F6P9Q2NK