It’s Monday (HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY!) and time for another Inspiration Monday on Create with Connie and Mary! When Mary picked this inspiration photo, I mentioned that it was kind of “obvious”…but I think I came up with a cool way to do the gears on my card!
GEARED UP GARAGE
Maybe this technique is out there, but I hadn’t seen it. I’m happy to get ahead of my Father’s Day cards, too! I love the grunge of the background…started with some Designer Paper! Can you tell which one?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Tranquil Textures Designer Paper was stamped all around the edges with the grunge image in Geared Up Garage and Soft Suede Ink.
- A 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Merry Merlot cardstock was added across the front.
- The large and small gears from Garage Gears Thinlits were cut from Copper Metallic Paper. I used the Dark Night of Navy, Dark Merry Merlot and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and scribbled randomly over top.
- Using the Stazon Black Ink Pad, smoosh it all over the gears to give them a darker, blended look. Let dry. Add the larger gears to the front of the card with Tombow Monoadhesive.
- Stamp Happy Father’s Day with Merry Merlot Ink on Crumb Cake and cut with the Garage Gears Thinlit. Add to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the small gear next to the greeting with Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that a COOL technique??? I love how it turned out and how similar it looked to the inspiration photo! OK…go check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Is there anyone who doesn't like furry friends? We've combined Nine Lives and Happy Tails Stamp Sets to bring you our Pawprints Collection of tutorials! We've also used the Regals 6x6 Designer Paper Stack for a bright and cheerful look. You get SIX card tutorials using these two stamp sets for only $10 US! HINT: If you only have one of the sets, you can use the images interchangeably! See the details here!