So here is what I came up with using the awesome stamp set, Waterfront. I’ve used that black-out technique a few times with this set and really love it!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- For the background, I wet the background of my 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Watercolor Paper. Then I sprinkled a little of the yellow and blue Brusho crystals on different parts of a large acrylic stamping block. I used a wet AquaPainter to pick up the crystals and “paint” the Yellow crystals across the top and the Prussian Blue across the bottom. While still wet, I sprinkled just a tiny little bit of Gamboge crystals in the top corners for some depth.
- When dry, I stamped the “mountain”, the hut and the palm trees with Memento Black Ink. I went over the images with a Basic Black Marker to make them really dark and blacked out. The sun was stamped with Pumpkin Pie and I hand drew the birds with the Basic Black Marker. (Note: when you first color with the Black marker, it looks unfinished, but as the ink settles into the paper, it smooths out and looks more natural.)
- To finish the card, I added the Navy Corduroy Ribbon across the bottom and adhered it in the back. I layered the Watercolor Paper on a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Night of Navy and then added to the base card.
- I used a few more of the Prussian Blue crystals and the same technique to watercolor a scrap of Watercolor Paper, then punched with the Tailored Tag Punch. When dry the greeting from Waterfront was stamped with Memento Black Ink. It was added on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I LOVE this card! It makes me SO happy to think of getting away to the beach and a private island! lol! OK make sure to check out what Mary did with this inspiration over on Create with Connie and Mary!
All new! Designed by Connie and Mary, the brand new A Good Day Collection Class Kit to Go is still available to order with FOUR options to purchase! All include a step-by-step photo tutorial to make the projects easy to complete! This collection has three cards (including one fabulous special fold!) and a unique 3D project! These tutorials are perfect for classes and workshops, or to create on your own for yourself, friends and family! Details can be found here!