First…remembering…everything 15 years ago.
I promised I’d show the Grinch I made from the pumpkin in the Jar of Haunts stamp set! I knew when I originally made and posted THIS HALLOWEEN CARD, that the face looked like the Grinch. Several others commented the same thing! Here’s my take on him:
Details are here:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Real Red cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, a 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Old Olive was embossed with the Cable Knit folder and adhered on top.
- Tie a knot in the Watermelon Wonder Mini Striped Ribbon (LOVE that it looks so great for Christmas!) and adhere the ends to the back of the Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Naughty or Nice from Greetings from Santa was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the upper left corner.
- A Layering Thinlets circle was cut from the Warmth & Cheer Designer Paper Stack and then layered on a Layering Scallop Circle of Real Red cardstock, then placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the Grinch: The pumpkin image from Jar of Haunts was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Old Olive, the cut out and the extra band on the side of the pumpkin cut off to make it smaller. The eyes were stamped on the pumpkin with Memento Black, then stamped again on Whisper White and cut out, colored with Crushed Curry Marker and added over the eyes on the pumpkin. Add a tiny Basic Black cardstock triangle for the nose and hand-draw the mouth with a Basic Black marker. The hat was punched from Real Red and Whisper White with the Jolly Hat Builder Punch and the body suit was punched from Real Red with the Bell Punch. The trim along the neck is a shorter version of the hat band. The Grinch was added to the circles with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
OK…what do you think? I think it turned out REALLY great!!! Fun for my grandkids cards this year!
Want some more GREAT ideas? Create with Connie and Mary opened our September Mini Session today!!! If you’ve never tied us, jump in and join us! You’ll love the three sets of 4 card ideas and two 3D projects we came up with this month…all with step-by-step photo tutorials for only $8.95 US! We’re using products from the HOLIDAY CATALOG and ALL projects are EXCLUSIVE to subscribers…you won’t see these ideas posted anywhere else online! Visit us at Create with Connie and Mary to sign up!