Hi everyone! I had a wonderful time at our stamping retreat over the weekend! I had two girlfriends come in from out of state, and we had lots of fun catching up with all the news! Plus, I did get LOTS of cards made, so I am VERY happy! They left last evening…but I do hope to see them again soon!
This is one of the stamp sets that I used a lot this weekend. After I started playing with it, I had SO much fun! I needed a card for the new SUO Challenge this week…SUO78 Use your Favorite Technique. I love watercoloring, so I did a twist on it with markers. For this, I used Natural White cardstock, outlined the image with markers, then used my AquaPainter to move the color. I did need to add a little more marker color in the center area by scribbling the marker on the plastic stamp case and picking up the color with my AquaPainter. My most favorite way to color!
Here are the details:
- The 4 1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake is folded in half to make the base card.
- I added a 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock on top.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White, I added strips of polka dot and striped designer paper from Seasons of Style DSP package. Then added the Silver 1/8 Ribbon and a strip of Old Olive cardstock on the diagonal, too.
- The greeting was stamped with Old Olive ink in the upper left corner.
- I stamped the poinsettia and leaves with Black Stazon, then used my AquaPainter and Cherry Cobber, So Saffron and Old Olive markers as I mentioned above. They were cut out and layered together with Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered on front.
I love it and it is so easy to color with markers! Hope you try it! Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see their favorite techniques! I can't wait to see them!