One of the stamp sets we are featuring this week on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition 2012 is Perfectly Preserved and the coordinating Cannery Framelits. I love, love, love the mason jar…they are so IN right now! My nephew (the baby of the family!) just got married last weekend. Their invitation had a mason jar on it and the centerpieces were all different sized mason jars with photos, candles and flowers. Wish I would have taken of picture of them! My sister-in-law made them and they were gorgeous…Pinterest worthy! lol!
This is also entered into Moxie Fab World's Jars of Joy Challenge…using mason jars in an unusual way! Love the ideas on how to use the huge mason jar trend right now!
But…I set out to recreate the mason jar invitation with my wedding card to them! Her colors were Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder…very pretty for an outdoor wedding.
What do you think? Very different use for the Perfectly Preserved stamp set, isn't it? I love how it turned out!
- The base is Pool Party. I layered on the lace from Fan Fair DSP and the coordinating check print is from that DSP package, too!
- The jar is stamped with Basic Gray and cut with the Cannery Framelits. You can't see in the photo, but I overlayed the jar with a Window Sheet so it looks like glass!
- The two hearts are the smallest size of the Heart Framelits from Pool Party. The pearls and the Basic Gray bow tie are actually on the outside of the Window Sheet layer.
- The topper is stamped with Pool Party and cut with the Cannery Framelit, I wrapped Linen thread around and tied it in a bow.
- I punched the Scallop Border Punch of Basic Gray and layered it behind the lacey Fan Fair DSP.
- Finally, I stamped For the Newlyweds from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Basic Gray on Very Vanilla and cut the end into a flag end, then tucked it behind the jar.
Isn't it CUTE????
We are just starting Week 2 of Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition 2012 and featuring the FALL theme this week! But…only our subscribers can see them! So, it's not to late to join! You'll be the first to see new projects posted with step-by-step PHOTO tutorials AND still have access to all the past projects we did in Week 1! Our projects stay up over a year after the edition ends, so you can access them 24/7! For $29.95 US…that is less that $1 each for 30 projects!