Hard to believe, but my oldest grandson just turned 9 yesterday! WHERE has the time gone? I vividly remember packing quickly and driving 8 hours so we could see and hold him the first day he was born! Luckily, they moved back home shortly after and now he lives about 2 blocks away!
The theme of his birthday was Pokeman this year! Of course, I had to make a special card for him, getting lots of inspiration from Pinterest! I’m sure glad I save most of my retired punches!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black cardstock was added on top.
- The 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Basic White cardstock was embossed with the Stitched Whimsy Die.
- I used the Layering Circles for the red/white ball with the 3/4 and 1/2″ Circle punches for the center.
- Pikachu’s body is the Strawberry Builder Punch, his hands/feet is the Bunny Punch, the ears is the Medium Daisy Punch, the head an oval cut down, the tail is hand-cut…all from Daffodil Delight cardstock. The cheeks are 1/4″ circles from Real Red cardstock. Nose and eyes from Fox Punch and cut from Basic Black. The mouth was hand-drawn.
- The balloon was stamped with the greeting from A Grand Kid in Memento Black Ink on Real Red cardstock and punched with the Balloon Builder Punch. The string was hand-drawn with the Basic Black Marker.
- Some gray/black Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the balloon with a Mini Glue Dot.
Use HOST CODE: NMTQADBZ
We love Stampin' Up!'s new INKED & TILED STAMP SET AND PUNCH PACK BUNDLE! The stamp images have a botanical print appearance of pressed leaves and flowers! The INKED & TILED PUNCHES can be used with the all-occasion greetings, to punch out the coordinating DSP or for cool tiled backgrounds! You can go soft and neutral or bold and bright as you wish! We featured this INKED & TILED BUNDLE with the new coordinating INKED BOTANICALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for a classically timeless design! There are step-by-step instructions for EIGHT card projects. See more details HERE!
We went bananas over Stampin' Up!'s new LITTLE MONKEY STAMP SET AND PUNCH and we know you will, too!! The LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE has tropical elements to create a fun jungle scene! Mix and match the monkeys, punched pieces and cute greetings for adorable cards and projects. Have them hanging from trees or vines while snacking on their favorite bananas! We featured this LITTLE MONKEY BUNDLE with the new REGALS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some whimsical fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and gift idea that is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! See more details HERE!
Calling all crafters! Stampin' Up! just introduced a new stamp bundle called CRAFTING WITH YOU that includes something for papercrafters, knitter/crocheters, sewists, painters, needleworkers... whichever hobby you enjoy! It also includes some inspiring greetings! The CRAFTING WITH YOU DIES have some bonus images (including a TRIMMER and SCISSORS! Oh my!), along with dies to cut out the fun stamped images. We featured this CRAFTING WITH YOU BUNDLE with the new BRIGHTS 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER for some colorful fun! There are step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three card ideas (one a fun fold) and fun desk accessory for you and your customers to enjoy and display! More details here!
Works for our grandson, too, only he is 9 and still likes his pokeman. Might have to make this for his September birthday.