My oldest grandchild just turned 8 in June and I realized I forgot to show the card that I made for him. The theme of his party was “sharks” so I had to think out of the box on this one. I checked out Pinterest for a few ideas, then made this one. It is made 100% from Stampin’ Up! products, but there are some retired ones on here!
PUNCH ART BIRTHDAY SHARK
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bermuda Bay cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is Ombre Bermuda Bay Circles print DSP (retired).
- The shark body is Layering Ovals and 1″ circle punch for fins (both retired), cut from Smoky Slate and Basic White cardstock and trimmed.
- The tail is the Bow punch trimmed (retired).
- The eyes are 1/4″ circle Basic White and 1/8″ circle Basic Black cardstock.
- The hat is punched from Calypso Coral print with the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch.
- All were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The hardest to figure out was the mouth, but ended up using the mouth from an jack-o-lantern in the retired stamp set, Sparkly Seasons. Stamped with Basic Gray Ink on Basic White and hand-cut.
- The number 8 from Playful Alphabet Dies and the seaweed from Smooth Sailing Dies were cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock and added to the front.
- Happy Birthday was stamped with Basic Gray Ink on Basic White and cut from the Floral Gallery Die. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A gold Glitter Dot was added to the top of the hat for a little bling!
Isn’t that fun? It was a great match to his party plates and decorations!
Create with Connie and Mary is featuring the PAINTED CHRISTMAS SUITE of products for our next Collection of EIGHT CARD TUTORIALS to get you ready for the holiday season! The CHRISTMAS SEASON'S nature-inspired images can be country rustic or formally elegant. We've also used the heartfelt sentiments from the CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER stamp set, along with the full card sized CHRISTMAS PINECONE DIES for your handcrafted messages! See more details HERE!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM