My oldest grandchild just turned 8 in June and I realized I forgot to show the card that I made for him. The theme of his party was “sharks” so I had to think out of the box on this one. I checked out Pinterest for a few ideas, then made this one. It is made 100% from Stampin’ Up! products, but there are some retired ones on here!
PUNCH ART BIRTHDAY SHARK
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bermuda Bay cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is Ombre Bermuda Bay Circles print DSP (retired).
- The shark body is Layering Ovals and 1″ circle punch for fins (both retired), cut from Smoky Slate and Basic White cardstock and trimmed.
- The tail is the Bow punch trimmed (retired).
- The eyes are 1/4″ circle Basic White and 1/8″ circle Basic Black cardstock.
- The hat is punched from Calypso Coral print with the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch.
- All were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The hardest to figure out was the mouth, but ended up using the mouth from an jack-o-lantern in the retired stamp set, Sparkly Seasons. Stamped with Basic Gray Ink on Basic White and hand-cut.
- The number 8 from Playful Alphabet Dies and the seaweed from Smooth Sailing Dies were cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock and added to the front.
- Happy Birthday was stamped with Basic Gray Ink on Basic White and cut from the Floral Gallery Die. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A gold Glitter Dot was added to the top of the hat for a little bling!
Isn’t that fun? It was a great match to his party plates and decorations!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!