My oldest grandchild just turned 8 in June and I realized I forgot to show the card that I made for him. The theme of his party was “sharks” so I had to think out of the box on this one. I checked out Pinterest for a few ideas, then made this one. It is made 100% from Stampin’ Up! products, but there are some retired ones on here!
PUNCH ART BIRTHDAY SHARK
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bermuda Bay cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is Ombre Bermuda Bay Circles print DSP (retired).
- The shark body is Layering Ovals and 1″ circle punch for fins (both retired), cut from Smoky Slate and Basic White cardstock and trimmed.
- The tail is the Bow punch trimmed (retired).
- The eyes are 1/4″ circle Basic White and 1/8″ circle Basic Black cardstock.
- The hat is punched from Calypso Coral print with the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch.
- All were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The hardest to figure out was the mouth, but ended up using the mouth from an jack-o-lantern in the retired stamp set, Sparkly Seasons. Stamped with Basic Gray Ink on Basic White and hand-cut.
- The number 8 from Playful Alphabet Dies and the seaweed from Smooth Sailing Dies were cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock and added to the front.
- Happy Birthday was stamped with Basic Gray Ink on Basic White and cut from the Floral Gallery Die. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A gold Glitter Dot was added to the top of the hat for a little bling!
Isn’t that fun? It was a great match to his party plates and decorations!
It's Christmas in July!!! (Well...almost!) We wanted to give you a jump start on planning your Christmas in July classes or holiday projects by introducing our TREES FOR SALE COLLECTION now! We've combined the July-December Mini Catalog's TREES FOR SALE STAMP SET with the awesome Sale-A-Bration TREE LOT DIES that are available as your FREE option with purchase in July and August! You'll love the whimsical selection of tree images, and the darling retro camper dies with fun accessories! Our TREES FOR SALE COLLECTION has EIGHT card designs...including two easy fun folds that you are going to love! We've paired the Trees for Sale and Tree Lot Dies with the new Sweetest Christmas Designer Paper in this Collection for a traditional warm Christmas look! See more details HERE!
Stay cool and hydrated this summer by creating with Stampin' Up!'s fun new HIPPEST HIPPOS SALE-A-BRATION STAMP SET and coordinating SALE-A-BRATION HIPPO DIES! Each are FREE with qualifying Stampin' Up! purchase! These chubby characters will steal your heart with their fun antics in the water and out! Match the hippos with whimsical greetings to send off a little cheer. Our HIPPEST HIPPOS COLLECTION has THREE card designs (one an interactive card) and a cute gift card project for a total of FOUR project tutorials! We've paired the Hippest Hippos Bundle with the new Design a Daydream Host Only Designer Paper in this Collection for some stinkin' cute results! See more details here!