Hello everyone! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We don’t have any plans for New Year’s Eve…just staying home…which is totally fine with me!
I’m finding it a little challenging to use this large flower all together on my cards. I’m sure my customers who like the larger 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 sized cards will love it! I need to experiment with it on that size! But, I needed several sympathy cards a while back, so here is a second one I made.
The coloring in this one doesn’t photograph very well…it looks streaky, but I used the new Crystal Wink of Stella on it, so it really shimmers in real life! There are also several colors in the watercoloring…Blush Blossom, Wisteria Wonder and Pale Plum…the leaves are Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive. You can see the shimmer a little better on this photo:
Doesn’t that shimmer look SO pretty? Here are some details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Wisteria Wonder, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black.
- On the 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Whisper White, the Rose Garden image was stamped with Basic Black Ink. It was watercolored with Blush Blossom, Pale Plum and Wisteria Wonder Stampin’ Write Markers and the leaves with Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive Markers.
- The crystal Wink of Steller was added to the edges of some of the petals.
- The border medallion and greeting from Rose Garden stamp set were also stamped with Basic Black on Wisteria Wonder and cut with the Rose Garden Thinlets, then popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Had to show off a photo of my grand-daughter’s Christmas gift this year! She is going to LOVE this! We still need to load it up and take to their house…maybe today! (We haven’t celebrated with Carter yet…their turn at his mom’s family home this year in Wisconsin!)