I made the Baby Shower invitations for my daughter-in-law, Beth. She is due June 23 with our FIRST grandchild and we can hardly wait! The theme for her shower is rubber ducks…too cute! They don't want to know the sex of the baby, so the room right now is done with gray walls…they will add the appropriate colors after the baby is born! I decided to use Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray for her invitations.
Isn't it cute??? The Daffodil Delight Chevron from Parker's Patterns worked out perfectly! And the Rubber Ducky Punch Art is just too cute! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 x 7 Basic Gray.
- I printed the invitation on Whisper White with gray and yellow font and cut to 4 3/4 x 6 3/4.
- I added a 1 1/2" x 4 3/4" strip of Parker's Patterns Daffodil Delight Chevron print to the left side.
- The Rubber Duck I made with the Extra Large Oval Punch for the body, I took out a chunk of it with the 1" Circle Punch and used that piece for the wing, popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional. The head is 1" Circle. I added a 1/4" circle of Whisper White for the eye, then colored a small Pearl with Black Sharpie for the eyeball. The Beak is the tip of the wing from the Bird Punch out of Pumpkin Pie, then the very tip of the wing I punched again with Daffodil Delight for the tuff of feathers on top of the head.
- I tore Marina Mist for the "pond" that the duck is sitting on and added the drops of water behind his tail with the Triple Layer Flower Punch (retired).
I love how it turned out. My sister-in-law is hosting this shower, but I'm anxious to see what she does with this theme!
Don't forget…last chance to order retiring stamps is June 3…and retiring accessories are WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!