It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team is showing off Alphabets as focal images on our cards! I thought I knew what I was going to do until I actually sat down to do it…then I had SO many choices! I wanted to use a word that we didn’t already have a large word stamp for…and since Father’s Day will be here in a couple months, I decided to do a little punch art along with my alphabet word! I may make another one of these for my son’s birthday…he has recently started collecting old vinyl records to play on an old Victrola Record Player someone gave him. Too funny! Records have become trendy again!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Delightful Dijon, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black cardstock was placed on top.
- A 2 x 5 strip of Urban Development Designer Paper was added to the bottom of a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock. Some 1/8″ Gold Metallic Ribbon hides the seam and is adhered in the back, then added to the front of the card.
- The letters R, C, K were cut from coordinating Urban Development DSP and added to the front with Foam Adhesive Strips.
- The record was made by punching a 2″ Circle from Basic Black cardstock, then adding a 3/4″ Circle punched from Delightful Dijon. A Gold Metallic Enamel Shape is in the center. The record was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- You from Crazy About You was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Delightful Dijon cardstock, then punched with the Classic Label Punch and cut off the edge. Happy Father’s Day was stamped directly on the DSP with Memento Black Ink.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team creations this week! I can’t wait to see what they chose to do! Next up is Mary Brown…check out her design or head backwards to Melissa Davies!