It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Autumn cards with non-fall colors” this week! Just by accident, I had made the “perfect” card for this challenge when I was designing my stamp club cards last week. I decided not to use it for club because I wanted more traditional colors and to use the beautiful Painted Autumn DSP instead. So…here’s the card we DIDN’T do! I love, love, love the bright colors!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bermuda Bay cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black Cardstock.
- On the 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Whisper White, the colors of Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay are washed in the background with an AquaPainter. Let dry.
- Stamp the Pick a Pumpkin images with Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist and Memento Black Ink and cut with the Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits.
- Save the stars from the Basic Black star pumpkin to use in the background.
- Cut the large pumpkin twice…once with Basic Black and once with Lemon Lime Twist cardstocks, then paper piece the Lemon Lime Twist pieces inside the openings of the Basic Black pumpkin. Adhere to card.
- Cut some vines from Bermuda Bay.
- Arrange the pumpkins, using some Stampin’ Dimensionals, add the vines and stars.
- Stamp the greeting from Butterfly Basics with Memento Black Ink.
Next up is our Create website to find out more about our October Mini Session, then onto Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!