It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Awning special fold” cards this week! I first saw one done by my fabulous friend, Lorri Heiling, with a hut and mixed drinks and have wanted to try one for myself!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cajun Craze Cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base card.
- A 1-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock was scored at 1/4″ and placed at the bottom of a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock. It was stamped with Happy Halloween with Memento Black Ink.
- A row of the hash mark image from Spooky Cat stamp set was stamped above it using Soft Sky Ink for the “table”.
- The potion glasses were stamped with Memento Black Ink on top and filled with Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay and Cajun Craze liquids.
- The awning was made by cutting a 2 x 3-3/4 piece of striped Spooky Night Designer Paper and scoring across at 3/8 and 1-5/8″. Adhere the top scored piece to the top of the Very Vanilla layer, then bend out the center section.
- The black awning piece was cut with the Home Sweet Home Thinlits from Basic Black cardstock (twice) and adhered along the edge, then trimmed to fit.
- A witch hat from the Spooky Night Designer Paper was cut out and added to the bottom with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that fun? OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team did with their Awning Card by taking our Saturday Blog Hop! Next up is our Create website to find out more about our September Mini Session, then onto Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!
The brand new SEPTEMBER Mini Session is NOW OPEN! We are featuring products from the NEW HOLIDAY Catalog! Check out the FREE 3D Bonus project when you purchase August & September together!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!