This week’s theme for our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop is “Cards with Stripes”. We could use designer paper that has stripes in it or make our own! I did a combination of both!
I just HAD to buy this new Scary Cute stamp set…mostly for the silhouette images in it, but I also love this frame! I turned it upside down for this card so I could have the bats show up in the “sky”! And, although I did use the stripe pattern in the new Black & White Designs Designer Paper, I colored the white stripes with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends to alter the color!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Gray cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 1-1/4 x 5-1/2 strip of stripe Black & White Designs Designer Paper was colored with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, then added to the front of the card.
- A 3 x 3-1/2 piece of Smoky Slate cardstock was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The frame from Scary Silhouettes Dies was cut from Basic Black cardstock and adhered to the rectangle.
- The moon was cut with the Die from Daffodil Delight cardstock and the bats from Basic Black Cardstock and added within the frame. The moon was popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Daffodil Delight cardstock, then cut with the label in the Scary Silhouettes Dies. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of yellow Glossy Dots were added to the background!
Hmmm, I could have used this for my cards with frames card a couple weeks ago, too! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stamp Sets: Scary Cute
Inks: Memento Black
Blends: Dark Daffodil Delight
C/S: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Scary Silhouettes Dies, Glossy Dots, Adhesives
How sweet is the natural beauty of this APPLE HARVEST STAMP SET? The simple line art of the images will remind you of apple picking on a crisp fall day and are perfect for coloring! But the heartfelt sentiments can be used throughout the year. We've combined the APPLE HARVEST STAMP SET with the fun and colorful GINGHAM COTTAGE DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection. It has three card designs...including a unique fun fold...and a great gift-giving 3D project - JUST IN TIME FOR BACK TO SCHOOL! See more details HERE!
We all know that dogs are a person’s best friend and Stampin’ Up!’s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We’ve paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!