It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Christmas in July” for their cards this week. The Holiday Catalog will be launching soon…can’t wait! I’m sure our Design Team will have some FABULOUS ideas this week!
Although I tend to buy a lot of floral stamp sets…this stamp set caught my eye because the greetings and how whimsical it is! A couple of the images are perfect for Christmas cards! This card came together SO easily!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Garden Green cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The greeting was stamped with Archival Black Ink on the bottom right corner of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- A 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Be Merry Designer Paper was added to the front, along with a 1/8 x 5-1/4 strip of Gold Glimmer Paper along the bottom edge of the DSP.
- The tree light bulb was stamped three times with Black Archival Ink on Whisper White, colored with an AquaPainter and So Saffron Marker. The tree was stamped again on Garden Green and hand-cut out, then added to the center light bulb. They were placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For a finishing touch, the light bulbs were covered with Clear Wink of Stella and a Metallic Gold Star added to the center tree.
SUPER simple…OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team and the Christmas in July cards by taking our Saturday Blog Hop! Next up is Mary Brown, or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!