This week on Create with Connie and Mary our theme is Favorite Christmas Stamp Set cards! Of course, I went with the one that I saw IMMEDIATELY in the catalog and knew I had to have…Spirited Snowmen! I’ve mentioned before that snowmen and snowflakes are always a feature on my Christmas cards. I think this one is a winner for my Christmas card this year…although there will be a lot of cutting out that snowman watching my TV shows! loll!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pool Party, Merry Christmas from Warm Hearted Stamp Set (Host) was stamped with Poppy Parade Ink in the upper right corner, then it was embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Whisper White was turn around the top to resemble a snowbank, with some Wink of Stella added along the top and for additional snowbanks.
- Then a piece of Coastal Cabana was torn in a rough oval to form the ice pond. It is covered with Wink of Stella for some glassy sparkle!
- The snowman in Spirited Snowmen stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, then colored with Poppy Parade, Bermuda Bay, Bronze, Smoky Slate and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out and added to the front. Some Wink of Stella was also applied to the white areas of the snowman.
Isn’t this SUPER cute! I think so! Continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Favorite Christmas Stamp Set challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card! And…want more Spirited Snowmen ideas? Check out our latest Spirited Snowmen Collection of tutorials on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!