It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Fun with Embossing Paste” or embossing if they didn’t have the paste. Lots of techniques for using the paste, I can’t wait to see what the Design Team came up with!
I used the Seasonal Layers Thinlits and Labels to Love Stamp set to create my card. I decided on a background of Very Vanilla cardstock, added the paste and then sponged over the raised areas with Soft Suede. I went with a fall theme, although I’m definitely NOT wishing for the end of summer!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Soft Suede Cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla, I used a spatula to add the Embossing Paste across the Pattern Party Decorative Mask and let dry. Then sponged over the raised areas with Soft Suede Ink.
- I added some Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon across the bottom of the front of the Very Vanilla and adhered in the back.
- I used white Glossy Cardstock and sponged on colors of Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Crushed Curry Inks, then cut the large and small leaves from Seasonal Layers Thinlits from the colored Glossy Paper. The outline leaf was cut from Gold Metallic Paper.
- The greeting from Labels to Love (in the Holiday Catalog) was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Soft Suede cardstock and punched with the new Everyday Label (in the Holiday catalog) Punch.
- All the leaves and labels were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Oh…love how pretty this turned out! OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team did with the Embossing Paste theme on their cards by taking our Saturday Blog Hop! Next up is Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!