It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Fun with Reinkers” for their cards this week. I’m sure our Design Team will have some FABULOUS ideas this week…so many different technique from coloring to backgrounds. What will they do?
I was SO happy to see Glossy Paper made it back into the Annual Catalog this year, but hadn’t had a chance to try out any of my old “standby” techniques with it yet! Of course, first thing I thought of was Polished Stone background. But then, what colors to use? I decided to go with Crumb Cake and Soft Sky, thinking I’d do a water card, or something similar. But…Daisy Delight was calling my name and decided to do some blue flowers!
Here are the details:
- First I made the background. I added a few drops of Crumb Cake and Soft Sky reinkers individually to the Silicone Sheet. I used a paper towel (for the texture) and wet a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Glossy cardstock with Rubbing Alcohol.
- Next, I dabbed the wet paper towel in the Crumb Cake reinker and pounced on the wet Glossy cardstock, then did the same with the Soft Sky reinker. Each time I make these I get a different look. While I had the materials out, I usually try to do at least a full sheet of Glossy so I have backgrounds to use for future! Let dry.
- I cut a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 sheet of Soft Sky cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded to form the base card.
- I cut a 2-3/4 x 4 piece of the polished stone background and added to the bottom of a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The seam is hidden with a length of 3/8″ Shimmer Pool Party Ribbon, adhered in the back.
- The daisy from Daisy Delight stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede Ink on Soft Sky cardstock, then colored with a sponge dauber and Soft Sky Ink in the center. Punched with the Daisy Punch and layered both together.
- The center is Crushed Curry ink stamped on Crushed Curry cardstock, then hand-cut (or use a 1/2″ circle punch) and adhere to the center.
- Two leaves were outlined with Soft Suede Ink, then filled in with Pear Pizzazz ink and hand cut.
- The daisy and leaves were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Thank You from the Daisy Delight stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede Ink above the daisy.
- Finally, a yellow Glimmer Dot was added to the center.
Isn’t that PRETTY? I think so!!! OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team did with the reinker theme on their cards by taking our Saturday Blog Hop! Next up is Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our August 2017 Mini Session and then onto Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!