This week on Create with Connie and Mary our theme is Grateful or Thanksgiving cards! Won’t be too much longer and Thanksgiving will be here in the US! I wanted to use my Winter Woods stamp set and added some fall color and went with an “artsy” look again.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The Winter Woods tree line image was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake towards the left side.
- The leaves were made with a sponge dauber and colors of Garden Green, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze.
- The ground image was inked with Early Espresso and stamped several times along the bottom of the trees.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 piece of woodgrain Country Lane Designer Paper was added to the right side of the Crumb Cake layer.
- I used the Christmas Traditions Punch to punch the Give Thanks greeting from Labels to Love, stamped with Cajun Craze on Crumb Cake cardstock.
- The Braided Linen Trim was looped a couple times and pressed into a Stampin’ Dimensional on the card, then the punch label was added with Stampin’ Dimensionals on top. The ends of the Trim were frayed for a rustic look.
Again, one of my favorite cards using this set! I’ve yet to use any of the other stamps in that Winter Woods set! Continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Grateful/Thanksgiving challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
"Hey Love" is a FUN and whimsical stamp set just perfect for Valentines and not just for kids! We LOVE the SIX little treat boxes we've come up with for our Hey Love Valentine Treat Box Collection!!! It is just TOO "Stinkin' Sweet"! In this Hey Love Collection, you'll get the tutorials for SIX great treat boxes all designed by Connie and Mary! Don't have this stamp set? These treat box tutorials are EASILY adaptable to any stamp set with similar sized images! Find the details HERE!