At this time, I’m finally moving into our new home! The appliances are supposed to be installed today. I’m glad to see there is an end in sight. My studio, however, won’t be ready for a couple more months! I’ll be working out of boxes for a while until my cabinets get installed.
But, it’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Hello Summer” this week. It’s my most favorite time of the year! One thing I love about summer is the bright green leaves and relaxing by reading a book! I combined both of these in my card this week!
Here are the details on this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White, the tree trunk from Sheltering Tree is stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink, the leaves were stamped with both Tranquil Tide and Emerald Envy (very subtle difference).
- The ground was stamped with Emerald Envy Ink, then the blades of grass with Tranquil Tide Ink.
- The chair from Colorful Seasons stamp set was stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink in the foreground, then the seat with Berry Burst Ink on scrap Whisper White. It was cut out and placed in the chair frame.
- Thinking of you from Colorful Seasons stamp set was stamped with Berry Burst Ink.
- A Sahara Sand Marker and AquaPainter added a little shadow under the tree.
Very fun…love that new set Colorful Seasons! OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team and their Hello Summer cards! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our new JUNE MINI SESSION, then onto Mary Brown or head backwards to Melissa Davies!