This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “In the Garden”. Do you have a garden? What grows in it? I’m totally in LOVE with Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-a-bration set “Delicate Dahlias”, and I’d love a BIG garden full of them! Sadly, I don’t really have room except in the back yard, and I’m sure the deer would find them very tasty back there! lol!
When I looked online, I was amazed at ALL the different colors of dahlias there are!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White is stamped several times in the center with the swoosh from Artistically Inked in Soft Succulent Ink, and then speckles stamped and stamped off around it.
- The Delicate Dahlias outline flower was stamped with Blackberry Bliss and another with Cinnamon Cider Ink. The insides were stamped with Blackberry Bliss and Bumblebee Inks. They were hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped twice with Evening Evergreen Ink outline and stamped off Evening Evergreen inside. They were hand-cut and added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Evening Evergreen Ink on 3/4 x 2 piece of Soft Succulent cardstock, the end cut at an angle and tucked in the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Evening Evergreen In Color Jewels were added to the background.
I love these fall dahlia colors! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM