This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “In the Garden”. Do you have a garden? What grows in it? I’m totally in LOVE with Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-a-bration set “Delicate Dahlias”, and I’d love a BIG garden full of them! Sadly, I don’t really have room except in the back yard, and I’m sure the deer would find them very tasty back there! lol!
When I looked online, I was amazed at ALL the different colors of dahlias there are!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White is stamped several times in the center with the swoosh from Artistically Inked in Soft Succulent Ink, and then speckles stamped and stamped off around it.
- The Delicate Dahlias outline flower was stamped with Blackberry Bliss and another with Cinnamon Cider Ink. The insides were stamped with Blackberry Bliss and Bumblebee Inks. They were hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped twice with Evening Evergreen Ink outline and stamped off Evening Evergreen inside. They were hand-cut and added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Evening Evergreen Ink on 3/4 x 2 piece of Soft Succulent cardstock, the end cut at an angle and tucked in the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Evening Evergreen In Color Jewels were added to the background.
I love these fall dahlia colors! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!