Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is Let’s Get Away…cards with a travel theme! Since it is still cold here in Ohio, I could use a little getaway! I’ve had this cute little set for a while, but hadn’t used it…thought it was perfect to pull out and use for this challenge! Follow my bliss? That would be to a warm, tropical place every winter!
ON TO ADVENTURE
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pretty Peacock cardstock.
- A 1-3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Tropical Oasis Designer Paper is added down the center.
- A 2 x 3-3/8 piece of Crumb Cake is torn across the top diagonally, then embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. It is layered on a 3-1/4 x 3-3/8 piece of Pool Party cardstock, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting is stamped with Memento Black Ink in the upper right corner.
- The lady from On To Adventure was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and colored with Light & Dark Mango Melody, Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light Poppy Parade, Light & Dark Crumb Cake, Light Petal Pink, Light Basic Black and Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. She was hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The palm trees from Timeless Tropical were inked with Early Espresso, Old Olive and Shaded Spruce Markers, then stamped on Whisper White. It was cut with the In The Tropics Dies and added to the front.
- A trio of Holiday Rhinestones (carryover list) were added to the background.
So much fun coloring this great little adventure gal! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous Let’s Get Away card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Click here for details!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!
Are you starting to get ready for the holidays? We are! And we love to get our Christmas cards done early! For this Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s ENCIRCLED IN WARMTH STAMP SET with the ENCIRCLED IN BEAUTY DIES to create a gorgeous set of EIGHT holiday card tutorials! The Red & Green Foil Sheets add shimmer and shine to the muted Peaceful Place Designer Paper and enhance the doily dies and festive greetings. Grab this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials today! See more details HERE!