Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is Let’s Get Away…cards with a travel theme! Since it is still cold here in Ohio, I could use a little getaway! I’ve had this cute little set for a while, but hadn’t used it…thought it was perfect to pull out and use for this challenge! Follow my bliss? That would be to a warm, tropical place every winter!
ON TO ADVENTURE
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pretty Peacock cardstock.
- A 1-3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Tropical Oasis Designer Paper is added down the center.
- A 2 x 3-3/8 piece of Crumb Cake is torn across the top diagonally, then embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. It is layered on a 3-1/4 x 3-3/8 piece of Pool Party cardstock, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting is stamped with Memento Black Ink in the upper right corner.
- The lady from On To Adventure was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and colored with Light & Dark Mango Melody, Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light Poppy Parade, Light & Dark Crumb Cake, Light Petal Pink, Light Basic Black and Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. She was hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The palm trees from Timeless Tropical were inked with Early Espresso, Old Olive and Shaded Spruce Markers, then stamped on Whisper White. It was cut with the In The Tropics Dies and added to the front.
- A trio of Holiday Rhinestones (carryover list) were added to the background.
So much fun coloring this great little adventure gal! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous Let’s Get Away card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9