It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “a Non-Christmas card using a Christmas set”. Hmmm, a little more challenging this week! Can’t wait to see what the Design Team does with this theme…it is always a surprise on what set they use!
I decided to use a set that I received in Thailand as a pillow gift, Ready for Christmas! I changed it up to be a birthday card using that cute little wiener dog!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lemon Lime Twist, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- A 3-1/2 x 4 piece of Birthday Memories Designer Paper was added to the bottom of the Whisper White and a length of Lemon Lime Twist Woven Ribbon was added to hide the seam and adhered in the back.
- The greeting from Bunch of Blossoms was stamped in Early Espresso Ink above the ribbon.
- The largest oval From Stitched Shapes was cut from Whisper White cardstock and the table stamped with Early Espresso Ink, then watercolored with Crumb Cake.
- The presents, cookies and dachshund were stamped with Memento Black on Whisper White cardstock, then watercolored with Sweet Sugarplum, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Lemon Lime Twist, Chocolate Chip Inks and an AquaPainted. They were cut with the Christmas Staircase Thinlits. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…can I say how HAPPY this card made me? It came out exactly how I pictured it in my head. So glad I can use this set for a birthday, too!
Check out what the rest of the Design Team did with the Non-Christmas with a Christmas Set theme on their cards by taking our Saturday Blog Hop! Next up is Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our August 2017 Mini Session and then onto Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!