Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop and one of my favorite themes…non-traditional Christmas Colors! It is always fun to see unusual holiday decoration colors! I used Christmas Gleaming stamp set and punches and let the Bird Ballad Designer Paper dictate the colors of Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Old Olive and Gold!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, embossed with the Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder.
- A 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Bird Ballad Designer Paper was added on top.
- A 1/4 x 4 strip of Gold Foil Paper was added across the front.
- The largest Stitched Shape Oval was cut from Whisper White and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The large ornament from Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set was stamped with Calypso Coral Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock and punched. The small ornament was stamped with Calypso Coral on Pool Party and punched.
- The tops of the ornaments were watercolored with the Delicata Golden Glitz Ink and the body of the ornaments with Wink of Stella. They were added to the oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Gold Glitter Enamel Dot was added to the center of the small ornament.
- White Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the top of the ornaments.
- The holly was stamped with Old Olive Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with the Light Old Olive and Light Calypso Coral Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Wink of Stella was added to the holly.
- The greeting in Christmas Gleaming was stamped with Delicata Golden Glitz Ink and hand cut, then added over the holly.
Definitely some non-traditional colors are used here! OK, go check out the rest of the Design Team to see they did with the “Non-traditinoal Christmas colors” Blog Hop Challenge this week! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
We created a new Gifts of Good Taste Collection with SIX packaging ideas along with our favorite (and easy!) holiday cookie and candy recipes! It is so nice to give special hand-made little gifts to co-workers, neighbors, your mailperson and UPS drivers! We've used a variety of Holiday Catalog Stamp Set and Dies for our decorating ideas, but you could mix the packaging up with the stamps and dies you already own...the recipe and package design is what is most important! This Gifts of Good Taste Collection has step-by-step picture tutorials featuring SIX gift packaging ideas using Stampin' Up! products with corresponding recipes you can quickly make up and give away! See more details here!
40% off Adhesive/Envelope Sale! November 8-24, 2019 Click here for details!