Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop and one of my favorite themes…non-traditional Christmas Colors! It is always fun to see unusual holiday decoration colors! I used Christmas Gleaming stamp set and punches and let the Bird Ballad Designer Paper dictate the colors of Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Old Olive and Gold!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, embossed with the Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder.
- A 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Bird Ballad Designer Paper was added on top.
- A 1/4 x 4 strip of Gold Foil Paper was added across the front.
- The largest Stitched Shape Oval was cut from Whisper White and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The large ornament from Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set was stamped with Calypso Coral Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock and punched. The small ornament was stamped with Calypso Coral on Pool Party and punched.
- The tops of the ornaments were watercolored with the Delicata Golden Glitz Ink and the body of the ornaments with Wink of Stella. They were added to the oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Gold Glitter Enamel Dot was added to the center of the small ornament.
- White Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the top of the ornaments.
- The holly was stamped with Old Olive Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with the Light Old Olive and Light Calypso Coral Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Wink of Stella was added to the holly.
- The greeting in Christmas Gleaming was stamped with Delicata Golden Glitz Ink and hand cut, then added over the holly.
Definitely some non-traditional colors are used here! OK, go check out the rest of the Design Team to see they did with the “Non-traditinoal Christmas colors” Blog Hop Challenge this week! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV