Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop and one of my favorite themes…non-traditional Christmas Colors! It is always fun to see unusual holiday decoration colors! I used Christmas Gleaming stamp set and punches and let the Bird Ballad Designer Paper dictate the colors of Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Old Olive and Gold!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, embossed with the Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder.
- A 3 x 4-1/4 piece of Bird Ballad Designer Paper was added on top.
- A 1/4 x 4 strip of Gold Foil Paper was added across the front.
- The largest Stitched Shape Oval was cut from Whisper White and added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The large ornament from Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set was stamped with Calypso Coral Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock and punched. The small ornament was stamped with Calypso Coral on Pool Party and punched.
- The tops of the ornaments were watercolored with the Delicata Golden Glitz Ink and the body of the ornaments with Wink of Stella. They were added to the oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Gold Glitter Enamel Dot was added to the center of the small ornament.
- White Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the top of the ornaments.
- The holly was stamped with Old Olive Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with the Light Old Olive and Light Calypso Coral Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Wink of Stella was added to the holly.
- The greeting in Christmas Gleaming was stamped with Delicata Golden Glitz Ink and hand cut, then added over the holly.
Definitely some non-traditional colors are used here! OK, go check out the rest of the Design Team to see they did with the “Non-traditinoal Christmas colors” Blog Hop Challenge this week! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM