It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring a Non-traditional holiday colors this week. I love the color combination for the Thursday Challenge so much that I knew I could make it work for this challenge, too! DEFINITELY thinking out of the box on this one!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Tranquil Tide cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White was embossed with the Holly Embossing Folder.
- A 2 x 5-1/4 piece of Petal Garden Designer Paper was added to the bottom of the Whisper White, then a strip of Island Indigo Ombre Ribbon hides the seam (it matches the Tranquil Tide so well!)
- A large Scallop Circle from Layering Circles was cut from Calypso Coral.
- The Stitched Shapes Circle was cut from Whisper White and stamped with the Watts the Occasion image Memento Black and colored with So Saffron and Tranquil Tide. The rays were stamped with Calypso Coral around the lightbulb.
- Merry & Bright was stamped with Memento Black Ink on So Saffron and cut with the smaller Stitched Shape Circle.
- The Circles are popped up on the front.
- A piece of Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the lightbulb with a Mini Glue Dot.
- A Metallic Shape Gold Star was added to the top of the tree.
Isn’t that an unusual color combination for Christmas? But I think it really works! Make sure to check out what the Design Team did with the challenge this week! Next up is Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!