Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop, and we will be inspired by Christmas songs over the next few weeks! Our third Christmas Carol is “O Christmas Tree”…cards that have Christmas trees on them. Stampin’ Up! has a variety of different stamps with trees, so it will be interesting to see what everyone uses!
PERFECTLY PLAID & PINE TREE PUNCH
I haven’t used my Perfectly Plaid stamp set much at all, but I love the Pine Tree Punch! That is all that I used on this card, too, along with the greeting! And, although it looks like I just punched a trio of the plaid trees, the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is actually UNDER the Real Red and the Real Red cardstock is punched! I also wondered what I could use for the tops of the trees…they looked a little plain, so I pulled out the metallic Designer Elements and used the Gold ones…perfect! The design on them actually looks like a starburst and the gold pulls out the gold metallic in the designer paper! Score!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 2-3/4 x 5-1/4 panel of Real Red cardstock is punched three times with the Pine Tree Punch. TIP: Punch out three trees from scrap paper and temporarily adhere them on the Real Red to line them up evenly. Punch using the scrap trees as a template.
- The 2-1/2 x 5-1/5 piece of green plaid Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is added under the Real Red with Stampin’ Dimensionals. It is placed on the front of the Crumb Cake.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink.
- The trio of Designer Elements were added to the top of the trees.
- A piece of Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added under the center tree Element with a Mini Glue Dot.
This is really a VERY simple card, but I love the “country” feel to it! Next up on our “Oh Christmas Tree” blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!