Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop, and we will be inspired by Christmas songs over the next few weeks! Our third Christmas Carol is “O Christmas Tree”…cards that have Christmas trees on them. Stampin’ Up! has a variety of different stamps with trees, so it will be interesting to see what everyone uses!
PERFECTLY PLAID & PINE TREE PUNCH
I haven’t used my Perfectly Plaid stamp set much at all, but I love the Pine Tree Punch! That is all that I used on this card, too, along with the greeting! And, although it looks like I just punched a trio of the plaid trees, the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is actually UNDER the Real Red and the Real Red cardstock is punched! I also wondered what I could use for the tops of the trees…they looked a little plain, so I pulled out the metallic Designer Elements and used the Gold ones…perfect! The design on them actually looks like a starburst and the gold pulls out the gold metallic in the designer paper! Score!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 2-3/4 x 5-1/4 panel of Real Red cardstock is punched three times with the Pine Tree Punch. TIP: Punch out three trees from scrap paper and temporarily adhere them on the Real Red to line them up evenly. Punch using the scrap trees as a template.
- The 2-1/2 x 5-1/5 piece of green plaid Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is added under the Real Red with Stampin’ Dimensionals. It is placed on the front of the Crumb Cake.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink.
- The trio of Designer Elements were added to the top of the trees.
- A piece of Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added under the center tree Element with a Mini Glue Dot.
This is really a VERY simple card, but I love the “country” feel to it! Next up on our “Oh Christmas Tree” blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR