Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop, and we will be inspired by Christmas songs over the next few weeks! Our third Christmas Carol is “O Christmas Tree”…cards that have Christmas trees on them. Stampin’ Up! has a variety of different stamps with trees, so it will be interesting to see what everyone uses!
PERFECTLY PLAID & PINE TREE PUNCH
I haven’t used my Perfectly Plaid stamp set much at all, but I love the Pine Tree Punch! That is all that I used on this card, too, along with the greeting! And, although it looks like I just punched a trio of the plaid trees, the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is actually UNDER the Real Red and the Real Red cardstock is punched! I also wondered what I could use for the tops of the trees…they looked a little plain, so I pulled out the metallic Designer Elements and used the Gold ones…perfect! The design on them actually looks like a starburst and the gold pulls out the gold metallic in the designer paper! Score!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 2-3/4 x 5-1/4 panel of Real Red cardstock is punched three times with the Pine Tree Punch. TIP: Punch out three trees from scrap paper and temporarily adhere them on the Real Red to line them up evenly. Punch using the scrap trees as a template.
- The 2-1/2 x 5-1/5 piece of green plaid Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is added under the Real Red with Stampin’ Dimensionals. It is placed on the front of the Crumb Cake.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink.
- The trio of Designer Elements were added to the top of the trees.
- A piece of Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added under the center tree Element with a Mini Glue Dot.
This is really a VERY simple card, but I love the “country” feel to it! Next up on our “Oh Christmas Tree” blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: SW7NGG27