Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop, and we will be inspired by Christmas songs over the next few weeks! Our third Christmas Carol is “O Christmas Tree”…cards that have Christmas trees on them. Stampin’ Up! has a variety of different stamps with trees, so it will be interesting to see what everyone uses!
PERFECTLY PLAID & PINE TREE PUNCH
I haven’t used my Perfectly Plaid stamp set much at all, but I love the Pine Tree Punch! That is all that I used on this card, too, along with the greeting! And, although it looks like I just punched a trio of the plaid trees, the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is actually UNDER the Real Red and the Real Red cardstock is punched! I also wondered what I could use for the tops of the trees…they looked a little plain, so I pulled out the metallic Designer Elements and used the Gold ones…perfect! The design on them actually looks like a starburst and the gold pulls out the gold metallic in the designer paper! Score!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 2-3/4 x 5-1/4 panel of Real Red cardstock is punched three times with the Pine Tree Punch. TIP: Punch out three trees from scrap paper and temporarily adhere them on the Real Red to line them up evenly. Punch using the scrap trees as a template.
- The 2-1/2 x 5-1/5 piece of green plaid Wrapped in Plaid Designer Paper is added under the Real Red with Stampin’ Dimensionals. It is placed on the front of the Crumb Cake.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink.
- The trio of Designer Elements were added to the top of the trees.
- A piece of Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added under the center tree Element with a Mini Glue Dot.
This is really a VERY simple card, but I love the “country” feel to it! Next up on our “Oh Christmas Tree” blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV