Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week the Design Team is featuring Ombre Cards…light to dark variations using only one single color! Another challenge! Whew! Even though I actually selected this challenge, I was kind of dreading it! But, it turned out much easier and better than I expected!
I’ve done ink Ombre cards before, but this time I used the die from Ornate Borders to give me my one color/tone variation!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Purple Posy cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The Ornate Borders floral die was cut from Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and Purple Posy cardstocks, then adhered to a 4 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock with Monoadhesive Glue.
- The tag from Ornate Frames die was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the greeting from Comfort & Hope stamp set with Gorgeous Grape Ink. A 1/8″ hole was punched on one end.
- The Tricolor Ribbon was wrapped around the Whisper White and the tag added to the knot.
- The Whisper White panel was added to a 4-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock, then added to the front of the card.
That’s it! Really! Nice and easy! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We are excited for our second August-December Catalog Collection for the holidays featuring the fabulous Making a Difference COMING HOME BUNDLE of products! This Collection of SIX card tutorials would make a great World Card Making Day or product class...either in person or online and we've paired it with Itty Bitty Greetings. See more details HERE!
Do you love trees? We LOVE trees! We are kicking off the upcoming August-December Catalog (formerly called Holiday Catalog) with the gorgeous Life is Beautiful Stamp Set! It has a wonderful full-branch tree in it! This EXPANDED collection of SIX tutorials has a delightful home décor project that can be changed for each season, and TWO card ideas! These are easy enough to complete in one class, or split them into two classes by doing two seasons and a card each class! You also could include the Life is Beautiful Stamp Set for an awesome product class! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: X4N6GEG4