Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week the Design Team is featuring Ombre Cards…light to dark variations using only one single color! Another challenge! Whew! Even though I actually selected this challenge, I was kind of dreading it! But, it turned out much easier and better than I expected!
I’ve done ink Ombre cards before, but this time I used the die from Ornate Borders to give me my one color/tone variation!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Purple Posy cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The Ornate Borders floral die was cut from Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and Purple Posy cardstocks, then adhered to a 4 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock with Monoadhesive Glue.
- The tag from Ornate Frames die was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the greeting from Comfort & Hope stamp set with Gorgeous Grape Ink. A 1/8″ hole was punched on one end.
- The Tricolor Ribbon was wrapped around the Whisper White and the tag added to the knot.
- The Whisper White panel was added to a 4-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of Gorgeous Grape cardstock, then added to the front of the card.
That’s it! Really! Nice and easy! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Next up in our Christmas Collections we featured the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set with the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper for a warm holiday feel! Our GNOME FOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION has THREE cards (one a special fold card), and a darling home décor item perfect for a small gift! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: F6P9Q2NK