Last week our theme was “In the Sky” for our CCM Saturday Blog Hop. This week’s Create with Connie and Mary’s blog hop theme is “Anything on the Ground”. Can be anything that resides on the ground…like flowers, trees, water…whatever! Again…should be fun to see what our Design Team did! I decided to use my Nuts About Squirrels stamp set. When I look outside to our back yard, I can see lots of squirrels scurrying around. They love the acorns they find on the ground and they are always busy, busy, busy!
NUTS ABOUT SQUIRRELS
I was looking for a leafy print designer paper and ran across this one from the new July-December Mini Catalog. It’s actually in the Painted Christmas Designer Paper pack. But…this print looked like summer to me, so I went with it!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Sea Foam cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Painted Christmas DSP was added to the left side.
- A 3/4 x 4 strip of Soft Suede cardstock was added across the bottom.
- The tree limb was stamped with Soft Suede Ink and the leaves with Soft Sea Foam and Garden Green in the upper right corner.
- The squirrel was stamped with Early Espresso for the outline and Soft Suede to fill in on scrap Basic White. The acorn top is Early Espresso and the bottom is Cinnamon Cider Ink. The cheeks were colored with Light Flirty Flamingo Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Nuts About You was stamped with Early Espresso Ink and cut with the Layering Circles Die.
- Three extra leaves were stamped on scrap Basic White with Soft Sea Foam and Garden Green Inks and hand-cut, then added around the circle.
- A trio of dark green Holiday Rhinestones were added to the background.
This set is just DARLING!!! Keep a look out…we have an upcoming Collection using this Nuts About Squirrels stamp set! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!