Last week our theme was “In the Sky” for our CCM Saturday Blog Hop. This week’s Create with Connie and Mary’s blog hop theme is “Anything on the Ground”. Can be anything that resides on the ground…like flowers, trees, water…whatever! Again…should be fun to see what our Design Team did! I decided to use my Nuts About Squirrels stamp set. When I look outside to our back yard, I can see lots of squirrels scurrying around. They love the acorns they find on the ground and they are always busy, busy, busy!
NUTS ABOUT SQUIRRELS
I was looking for a leafy print designer paper and ran across this one from the new July-December Mini Catalog. It’s actually in the Painted Christmas Designer Paper pack. But…this print looked like summer to me, so I went with it!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Sea Foam cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Painted Christmas DSP was added to the left side.
- A 3/4 x 4 strip of Soft Suede cardstock was added across the bottom.
- The tree limb was stamped with Soft Suede Ink and the leaves with Soft Sea Foam and Garden Green in the upper right corner.
- The squirrel was stamped with Early Espresso for the outline and Soft Suede to fill in on scrap Basic White. The acorn top is Early Espresso and the bottom is Cinnamon Cider Ink. The cheeks were colored with Light Flirty Flamingo Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Nuts About You was stamped with Early Espresso Ink and cut with the Layering Circles Die.
- Three extra leaves were stamped on scrap Basic White with Soft Sea Foam and Garden Green Inks and hand-cut, then added around the circle.
- A trio of dark green Holiday Rhinestones were added to the background.
This set is just DARLING!!! Keep a look out…we have an upcoming Collection using this Nuts About Squirrels stamp set! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM