It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is featuring “Pop-Up Surprise” for the inside of our cards this week! We’ll see what the Design Team did…more of a challenge this week!
I went back and forth on what to do…finally decided on a Halloween theme. Here’s the outside.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 2 x 5-1/2 piece of Spooky Night DSP was added to the bottom, and the coordinating stripe pattern was cut 1/4 x 5-1/2 and adhered to hide the seam.
- The cobweb and bats from Sweet Home stamp set were stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The hat was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Very Vanilla, the buckle colored with Daffodil Delight Marker, then cut with the Layering Circles Framelits. It was adhered to a larger Scallop Layering Circle cut from Basic Black and popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The fun is when you open it up…the moon, cat and hat all pop out towards you!
- A 5 x 8 piece of Basic Black cardstock was scored at 4 and folded.
- Approx. 2″ from each end, a cut was made thru the fold and reversed folded to create the pop-out.
- The moon was cut with the Layering Circles from Daffodil Delight, sponged around the edges with Pumpkin Pie Ink and two of the bats stamped with Memento Black Ink. It was added to the pop-out.
- The cat was punched from Basic Gray and the face added with Memento Black Ink and added to the moon.
- The hat was cut from the Designer Paper an added in front of the moon.
- At the inside bottom, a 1-1/2 x 5 piece of Spooky Night DSP was added to the bottom with a coordinating stripe DSP to hide the seam.
- The “owl” eyes were stamped with Whisper White several times in the background randomly. The greeting was stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink above the DSP.
This was really fun to put together…I need to make more of these! OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team did with the Pop-up card theme on their cards by taking our Saturday Blog Hop! Next up is our Create website to find out more about our September Mini Session, then onto Mary Brown or go backwards to visit Melissa Davies!
The brand new SEPTEMBER Mini Session is COMING SOON! We are featuring products from the NEW HOLIDAY Catalog! Check out the FREE 3D Bonus project when you purchase August & September together!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!