Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop and we will be inspired by Christmas Carols over the next few weeks! Our first Christmas Carol is “Santa Claus is Coming To Town”. We could use Santa, Elves, Gingerbread, Penguins…any Christmas type character! I decided to use one of the Gingerbread houses that I colored a while ago but hadn’t converted to a card!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- Snowflakes from Snowman Season stamp set were stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink and Coastal Cabana Inks in the background of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pool Party cardstock.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Whisper White was torn across the top and added to the bottom of the Pool Party.
- I stamped the gingerbread house and two trees from Yummy Christmas stamp set with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, colored them with Stampin’ Blends and cut with the Cuckoo Clock dies.
- Ice Stampin’ Glitter was added with Monoadhesive Glue along the snow banks, the trees, the top of the house and around the doors and windows. LOVE how much this adds to the whimsical feel of the card.
- The greeting from Yummy Christmas was stamped with Memento Black Ink and Real Red Ink in the upper right corner.
I can’t wait to see what the rest of the Design Team did with this fun challenge! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
We created a new Gifts of Good Taste Collection with SIX packaging ideas along with our favorite (and easy!) holiday cookie and candy recipes! It is so nice to give special hand-made little gifts to co-workers, neighbors, your mailperson and UPS drivers! We've used a variety of Holiday Catalog Stamp Set and Dies for our decorating ideas, but you could mix the packaging up with the stamps and dies you already own...the recipe and package design is what is most important! This Gifts of Good Taste Collection has step-by-step picture tutorials featuring SIX gift packaging ideas using Stampin' Up! products with corresponding recipes you can quickly make up and give away! See more details here!