Well…as you are reading this, we are working on Day 2 of our Moving Sale! HOPEFULLY lots of stuff has sold and we won’t have to move it! Hard to believe we have accumulated so much stuff in just 11 years we lived here. Of course, I think we moved boxes that hadn’t been opened from our previous move, too! This time we have purged and cleared out the entire basement! Feels good! (Anyone need some Longaberger baskets??? lol!)
It’s Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Our design team theme is “Saying Goodbye”…so many of our favorite sets will be retiring. We were to pick our favorite…well, that was VERY HARD to choose just one!
So I decided to use the Pocket Card format like I did for last week’s Blog Hop Challenge, but combined it with my favorite pattern from the Fruit Stand Designer Paper and the retiring Fresh Fruit Stamp Set.
Here are the details on this card:
- The base pocket envelope uses the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit (SO glad this is staying) and the Fruit Stand Designer Paper. LOVE this pattern and I’ve been hoarding it.
- A 1″ coordinating piece of DSP was placed across the front.
- The large circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits was cut from Whisper White and stamped with the For You greeting in Fresh Fruit stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- The flowers were stamped with Peekaboo Peach Ink and outlined with Flirty Flamingo Ink and cut out.
- The small flowers were stamped with Flirty Flamingo Ink and stamped off with the solid image inside, then cut out and layered on the large flower.
- The Perfect White Accents were colored with a Black Sharpie Marker to make them black and added to the centers.
- The leaves were stamped off with Old Olive and the outline full strength with Old Olive, cut out and added beneath the flowers on the bag.
- Inside the bag, a 3-1/4 x 4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the flower image in Peekaboo Peach and sponged with Flirty Flamingo in the center and then a leaf added with Old Olive. The center was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- The Whisper White layer was added to a 3-1/2 x 4-1/4 piece of Calypso Coral cardstock.
- Some Peekaboo Peach ribbon was folded in half and stapled to the top of the inside layer.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team and their favorite retiring stamp sets this week! I can’t wait to see what they chose to do with this blog hop challenge! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our new JUNE MINI SESSION, then onto Mary Brown or head backwards to Melissa Davies!