This week on Create with Connie and Mary our theme is Spooky Halloween!!! This year there really isn’t a what I’d call a spooky stamp set in the Holiday catalog, but I improvised by using one that is really a Christmas stamp set…Farmhouse Christmas! I love my spooky scene!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Gray cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate was embossed with the Subtles embossing folder and sponged with Memento Black around the edges.
- The two trees were cut from Basic Black with the Farmhouse Framelit Dies and placed towards the right side.
- The moon is a 2″ circle punched from Crushed Curry cardstock and sponged with Pumpkin Pie Ink around the edges. The Happy Halloween from Spooky Sweets stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink. It was added to the left side.
- The fence line was added along the bottom, cut from Basic Black with the Farmhouse Framelit Dies.
- The bat was punched from Basic Black with the Spooky Bats punch and added to the moon with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The house from Farmhouse Christmas was stamped with Memento Black on Basic Gray cardstock, then colored with the Daffodil Delight and Black Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out with the Farmhouse Framelits and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Oh, I LOVE how this turned out…and happy that I can use this set for something OTHER than Christmas! It would also be perfect for a Welcome to the Neighborhood or moving card!
OK…continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Halloween Spooky challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Preorder has begun for the Occasions Catalog and demos are able to purchase the stamp set, Bloom by Bloom! (Customers can order beginning January 3!) These newest tutorials feature the FANTASTIC Happiness Blooms Suite of products! We fell in love with the bright, bold colors and retro flower look and are excited for you to see what we did with them! We have three cards (one a special fold) and a wonderful organizing project, all designed by Connie and Mary! See details HERE!