This week on Create with Connie and Mary our theme is Spooky Halloween!!! This year there really isn’t a what I’d call a spooky stamp set in the Holiday catalog, but I improvised by using one that is really a Christmas stamp set…Farmhouse Christmas! I love my spooky scene!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Gray cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate was embossed with the Subtles embossing folder and sponged with Memento Black around the edges.
- The two trees were cut from Basic Black with the Farmhouse Framelit Dies and placed towards the right side.
- The moon is a 2″ circle punched from Crushed Curry cardstock and sponged with Pumpkin Pie Ink around the edges. The Happy Halloween from Spooky Sweets stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink. It was added to the left side.
- The fence line was added along the bottom, cut from Basic Black with the Farmhouse Framelit Dies.
- The bat was punched from Basic Black with the Spooky Bats punch and added to the moon with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The house from Farmhouse Christmas was stamped with Memento Black on Basic Gray cardstock, then colored with the Daffodil Delight and Black Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out with the Farmhouse Framelits and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Oh, I LOVE how this turned out…and happy that I can use this set for something OTHER than Christmas! It would also be perfect for a Welcome to the Neighborhood or moving card!
OK…continue on with the Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop to see what the rest of the Design team has done with their Halloween Spooky challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!