This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Sweet Summertime”. What does summertime mean to me? Well, one thing is that I seem to eat a LOT more ice cream in the summer and Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and punch worked great for my card! This one has sort of a different “fun fold”, too!
SWEET ICE CREAM
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded. The front was them cut at an angle from bottom right to approx. 1-1/4″ from top left. (It worked out perfectly with this designer paper!)
- Happy Birthday from Sweet Ice Cream was stamped diagonally along the cut line with Early Espresso Ink.
- Using the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch, the cone was punched from Cinnamon Cider, the ice cream scoops from Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade cardstocks. The cone was stamped with the cross-hatch in Cinnamon Cider Ink, the sprinkles in Early Espresso on the ice cream scoops. They were layered together on the front portion of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 piece of the stripe from Pattern Party Designer Paper (Host Only selection) was added to the inside of the base card.
- A 3/4 x 4 piece of Basic White was stamped with the greeting from Sweet Ice Cream in Early Espresso and the sprinkles with Flirty Flamingo Ink, then added inside above the cut line on the front.
- A trio of In Color Jewels were added in the background for a little sparkle!
Isn’t that fun? Love how easy the whimsical card base is to make! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Create with Connie and Mary is featuring the PAINTED CHRISTMAS SUITE of products for our next Collection of EIGHT CARD TUTORIALS to get you ready for the holiday season! The CHRISTMAS SEASON'S nature-inspired images can be country rustic or formally elegant. We've also used the heartfelt sentiments from the CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER stamp set, along with the full card sized CHRISTMAS PINECONE DIES for your handcrafted messages! See more details HERE!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM