This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Sweet Summertime”. What does summertime mean to me? Well, one thing is that I seem to eat a LOT more ice cream in the summer and Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and punch worked great for my card! This one has sort of a different “fun fold”, too!
SWEET ICE CREAM
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded. The front was them cut at an angle from bottom right to approx. 1-1/4″ from top left. (It worked out perfectly with this designer paper!)
- Happy Birthday from Sweet Ice Cream was stamped diagonally along the cut line with Early Espresso Ink.
- Using the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch, the cone was punched from Cinnamon Cider, the ice cream scoops from Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade cardstocks. The cone was stamped with the cross-hatch in Cinnamon Cider Ink, the sprinkles in Early Espresso on the ice cream scoops. They were layered together on the front portion of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 piece of the stripe from Pattern Party Designer Paper (Host Only selection) was added to the inside of the base card.
- A 3/4 x 4 piece of Basic White was stamped with the greeting from Sweet Ice Cream in Early Espresso and the sprinkles with Flirty Flamingo Ink, then added inside above the cut line on the front.
- A trio of In Color Jewels were added in the background for a little sparkle!
Isn’t that fun? Love how easy the whimsical card base is to make! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
We fell in LOVE with the Season's Blessings Bundle (especially the baskets!) and couldn't wait to do a set of SEASONAL cards with it! In this Collection, you'll get EIGHT card ideas...two for each season...spring, summer, fall and winter! You'll be ready to go for ANY occasion! We've paired the SEASONAL BLESSINGS STAMP SET and SEASONAL BASKET DIES with TIDINGS OF CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: PHW7X7A6