This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Sweet Summertime”. What does summertime mean to me? Well, one thing is that I seem to eat a LOT more ice cream in the summer and Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and punch worked great for my card! This one has sort of a different “fun fold”, too!
SWEET ICE CREAM
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded. The front was them cut at an angle from bottom right to approx. 1-1/4″ from top left. (It worked out perfectly with this designer paper!)
- Happy Birthday from Sweet Ice Cream was stamped diagonally along the cut line with Early Espresso Ink.
- Using the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch, the cone was punched from Cinnamon Cider, the ice cream scoops from Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade cardstocks. The cone was stamped with the cross-hatch in Cinnamon Cider Ink, the sprinkles in Early Espresso on the ice cream scoops. They were layered together on the front portion of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 piece of the stripe from Pattern Party Designer Paper (Host Only selection) was added to the inside of the base card.
- A 3/4 x 4 piece of Basic White was stamped with the greeting from Sweet Ice Cream in Early Espresso and the sprinkles with Flirty Flamingo Ink, then added inside above the cut line on the front.
- A trio of In Color Jewels were added in the background for a little sparkle!
Isn’t that fun? Love how easy the whimsical card base is to make! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!