This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Sweet Summertime”. What does summertime mean to me? Well, one thing is that I seem to eat a LOT more ice cream in the summer and Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Ice Cream stamp set and punch worked great for my card! This one has sort of a different “fun fold”, too!
SWEET ICE CREAM
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded. The front was them cut at an angle from bottom right to approx. 1-1/4″ from top left. (It worked out perfectly with this designer paper!)
- Happy Birthday from Sweet Ice Cream was stamped diagonally along the cut line with Early Espresso Ink.
- Using the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch, the cone was punched from Cinnamon Cider, the ice cream scoops from Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade cardstocks. The cone was stamped with the cross-hatch in Cinnamon Cider Ink, the sprinkles in Early Espresso on the ice cream scoops. They were layered together on the front portion of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 piece of the stripe from Pattern Party Designer Paper (Host Only selection) was added to the inside of the base card.
- A 3/4 x 4 piece of Basic White was stamped with the greeting from Sweet Ice Cream in Early Espresso and the sprinkles with Flirty Flamingo Ink, then added inside above the cut line on the front.
- A trio of In Color Jewels were added in the background for a little sparkle!
Isn’t that fun? Love how easy the whimsical card base is to make! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!