This week’s blog hop theme is Textures and Ribbon! We can use embossing folders, embossing paste, sponging or anything that provides texture on your project! I’ve used a variety of different techniques on my card to give it some depth….collage work, embossing, dimension, and linen thread!
QUIET MEADOW BUNDLE
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Soft Succulent cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 2 x 5-1/4 piece of Soft Succulent In Color 6×6 DSP was added to the right side.
- The 3 x 5-1/4 piece of Basic White cardstock was stamped with the Quiet Meadow floral image with Memento Black Ink and colored with Soft Succulent and Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends.
- The dotted background and word cluster were stamped with Crumb Cake Ink in the background.
- The stamped piece was embossed with the Bark Embossing Folder.
- One edge was torn and the edges all sponged with Crumb Cake Ink, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Love was stamped with Soft Succulent Ink on scrap Basic White, then cut with the tag Meadow Die and sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake Ink.
- A Linen Thread bow was tied thru the tag hole and then added to the front of the stem.
- A trio of Elegant Gems were added in the background.
I think this card has a LOT of texture, don’t you? OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Brenda Nelson’s fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR