Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop and we have been inspired by Christmas Carols over the past few weeks! Our fourth Christmas Carol theme is “Walking in a Winter Wonderland”…cards that have a winter theme. I love this song!
One thing I love seeing in the winter are cardinals. We have a lot of them in the woods behind our house. Love the pop of red against the white snow! I always feel it is my grandmother visiting! And, since I’ve sent out my Christmas Cards already, I made this one a winter birthday card. There’s a sneak peek of a new Occasions stamp set that I’m SUPER excited about…do you see it? I also went out of the norm and made a square card!
- The base is 4-1/2 x 9 Seaside Spray cardstock, scored at 4-1/2 and folded to form a square card.
- A 1-1/2 x 4-1/2 piece of the polka dot print from Come to Gather Designer Paper was added vertically along the left side, then a 2-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of the woodgrain print from Come to Gather Designer Paper was added horizontally.
- The tree from Snow Front was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the largest Stitched Shape Oval.
- Two cardinals from Snow Front were stamped with Real Red on scrap Whisper White cardstock, hand-cut and added to the tree.
- The ground was stamped with Seaside Spray Ink and the snowman with Smoky Slate Ink. The oval was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Happy Birthday from Label Me Bold (new Occasions stamp set) was stamped with Real Red on Whisper White, then hand-cut and added to the front with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
I must admit…I think this turned out to be a VERY pretty card! Next up on our “Walking in a Winter Wonderland” blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Our first Christmas collection for the season is the beautiful POINSETTIA PETALS SUITE of products in a variety of colors! Our POINSETTIA PETALS COLLECTION has FOUR cards and two small 3D projects, perfect for the upcoming Christmas holiday, for a total of SIX brand new tutorials! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: XZVN372F