Happy Saturday! It’s time for another Saturday Blog Hop and we have been inspired by Christmas Carols over the past few weeks! Our fourth Christmas Carol theme is “Walking in a Winter Wonderland”…cards that have a winter theme. I love this song!
One thing I love seeing in the winter are cardinals. We have a lot of them in the woods behind our house. Love the pop of red against the white snow! I always feel it is my grandmother visiting! And, since I’ve sent out my Christmas Cards already, I made this one a winter birthday card. There’s a sneak peek of a new Occasions stamp set that I’m SUPER excited about…do you see it? I also went out of the norm and made a square card!
- The base is 4-1/2 x 9 Seaside Spray cardstock, scored at 4-1/2 and folded to form a square card.
- A 1-1/2 x 4-1/2 piece of the polka dot print from Come to Gather Designer Paper was added vertically along the left side, then a 2-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of the woodgrain print from Come to Gather Designer Paper was added horizontally.
- The tree from Snow Front was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the largest Stitched Shape Oval.
- Two cardinals from Snow Front were stamped with Real Red on scrap Whisper White cardstock, hand-cut and added to the tree.
- The ground was stamped with Seaside Spray Ink and the snowman with Smoky Slate Ink. The oval was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Happy Birthday from Label Me Bold (new Occasions stamp set) was stamped with Real Red on Whisper White, then hand-cut and added to the front with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
I must admit…I think this turned out to be a VERY pretty card! Next up on our “Walking in a Winter Wonderland” blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Could the Snail Mail Suite of products be ANY cuter? Look at those little faces and those Resin Hearts...oh my! We are using the Snailed It Stamp Set and Snail Dies for our next Collection of tutorials! For this Snailed It Collection, we've made three cards (one a fun fold), and an absolutely FUN and unique favor box that is perfect for your stamp camps and classes! You'll want to make several to give away! See more details here!
For our Friends are Like Seashells Collection, we've made FOUR cards (one a fun fold), a small favor and a 3D project that are perfect for your stamp camps and classes! This bundle has a coordinating 3D Embossing Folder that can be used with the large die for a stamp, emboss and cut combo that has so much texture, they almost look real! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DFQD4KKC