Happy Saturday! On our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop, our theme is Watercolor Backgrounds…any technique! My favorite watercolor background is using acrylic blocks…this time I used Lemon Lime Twist ink pad! What will I do when this In Color retires in a couple months? I love this vibrant yellow green!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gorgeous Grape cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmer White cardstock, the large acrylic block was inked with Lemon Lime Twist Ink and spritzed with water, then spritzing the cardstock and applying the block to the paper to get the watercolor background. Let dry.
- The flowers from Painted Seasons were stamped with Gorgeous Grape Ink on Highland Heather then cut with the Four Seasons Framelits. They were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The centers were stamped with Gorgeous Grape Ink on Mango Melody cardstock and hand-cut and applied to the flowers.
- The leaves were stamped with Garden Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock and watercolored with Lemon Lime Twist Ink, then cut with the Four Seasons Framelits. They were adhered under the flowers.
- The greeting was stamped with Gorgeous Grape on the background.
I LOVE those colors together! Now, continue the blog hop to see what our Design Team did with the Watercolor Backgrounds Challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
So how CUTE is the SNOWMAN SEASON Stamp Set and SNOWMAN BUILDER Punch? We thought the Let is Snow Suite of products was so fabulous that it had to be our FIRST Christmas Collection of the season! This is an EXPANDED Collection of SEVEN different tutorials, as we have created THREE cards (one is a moving card) and FOUR 3D projects! One of the projects finishes the Let it Snow Embellishment Box, plus has a tutorial for another hand-made gift to fit inside! Another project has BONUS directions for three different looks! These are SOOO fun and we are SO excited to share the step-by-step tutorials with you! See the details HERE!