Happy Saturday! On our Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop, our theme is Watercolor Backgrounds…any technique! My favorite watercolor background is using acrylic blocks…this time I used Lemon Lime Twist ink pad! What will I do when this In Color retires in a couple months? I love this vibrant yellow green!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gorgeous Grape cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmer White cardstock, the large acrylic block was inked with Lemon Lime Twist Ink and spritzed with water, then spritzing the cardstock and applying the block to the paper to get the watercolor background. Let dry.
- The flowers from Painted Seasons were stamped with Gorgeous Grape Ink on Highland Heather then cut with the Four Seasons Framelits. They were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The centers were stamped with Gorgeous Grape Ink on Mango Melody cardstock and hand-cut and applied to the flowers.
- The leaves were stamped with Garden Green Ink on Whisper White cardstock and watercolored with Lemon Lime Twist Ink, then cut with the Four Seasons Framelits. They were adhered under the flowers.
- The greeting was stamped with Gorgeous Grape on the background.
I LOVE those colors together! Now, continue the blog hop to see what our Design Team did with the Watercolor Backgrounds Challenge this week! Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!