This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Well Wishes. I needed a get well card for my father-in-law who just had surgery on his broken shoulder, so this was perfect timing!
BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP
I think Beauty of Friendship is perfect for masculine cards and I have used it a lot for them. This time I used a greeting from Inspiring Thoughts along with it to finish off my card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the tree limbs in Early Espresso Ink across the front. The leaves were stamped with combo colors. From left to right: Pumpkin Pie base and Old Olive detail, Real Red base with Cherry Cobbler detail, Crushed Curry Base with Pumpkin Pie detail. I love the variation you can get with these stamps! They look so real, too!
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Beauty of the Earth DSP was added to the bottom.
- The greeting from Inspired Thoughts was stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Basic White and punched with the Label Me Fancy punch.
- It was layered on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Under that is a 1/4 x 3-1/2 strip of Beauty of the Earth woodgrain print DSP. Then adhered to the front at the base of the center tree.
- A trio of Artistry Blooms Adhesive Sequins were added to the trees and background.
I know he will enjoy getting this card in the mail! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!