This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Well Wishes. I needed a get well card for my father-in-law who just had surgery on his broken shoulder, so this was perfect timing!
BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP
I think Beauty of Friendship is perfect for masculine cards and I have used it a lot for them. This time I used a greeting from Inspiring Thoughts along with it to finish off my card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the tree limbs in Early Espresso Ink across the front. The leaves were stamped with combo colors. From left to right: Pumpkin Pie base and Old Olive detail, Real Red base with Cherry Cobbler detail, Crushed Curry Base with Pumpkin Pie detail. I love the variation you can get with these stamps! They look so real, too!
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Beauty of the Earth DSP was added to the bottom.
- The greeting from Inspired Thoughts was stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Basic White and punched with the Label Me Fancy punch.
- It was layered on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Under that is a 1/4 x 3-1/2 strip of Beauty of the Earth woodgrain print DSP. Then adhered to the front at the base of the center tree.
- A trio of Artistry Blooms Adhesive Sequins were added to the trees and background.
I know he will enjoy getting this card in the mail! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!