This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Well Wishes. I needed a get well card for my father-in-law who just had surgery on his broken shoulder, so this was perfect timing!
BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP
I think Beauty of Friendship is perfect for masculine cards and I have used it a lot for them. This time I used a greeting from Inspiring Thoughts along with it to finish off my card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the tree limbs in Early Espresso Ink across the front. The leaves were stamped with combo colors. From left to right: Pumpkin Pie base and Old Olive detail, Real Red base with Cherry Cobbler detail, Crushed Curry Base with Pumpkin Pie detail. I love the variation you can get with these stamps! They look so real, too!
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Beauty of the Earth DSP was added to the bottom.
- The greeting from Inspired Thoughts was stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Basic White and punched with the Label Me Fancy punch.
- It was layered on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Under that is a 1/4 x 3-1/2 strip of Beauty of the Earth woodgrain print DSP. Then adhered to the front at the base of the center tree.
- A trio of Artistry Blooms Adhesive Sequins were added to the trees and background.
I know he will enjoy getting this card in the mail! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM