This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Well Wishes. I needed a get well card for my father-in-law who just had surgery on his broken shoulder, so this was perfect timing!
BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP
I think Beauty of Friendship is perfect for masculine cards and I have used it a lot for them. This time I used a greeting from Inspiring Thoughts along with it to finish off my card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the tree limbs in Early Espresso Ink across the front. The leaves were stamped with combo colors. From left to right: Pumpkin Pie base and Old Olive detail, Real Red base with Cherry Cobbler detail, Crushed Curry Base with Pumpkin Pie detail. I love the variation you can get with these stamps! They look so real, too!
- A 3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Beauty of the Earth DSP was added to the bottom.
- The greeting from Inspired Thoughts was stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Basic White and punched with the Label Me Fancy punch.
- It was layered on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Under that is a 1/4 x 3-1/2 strip of Beauty of the Earth woodgrain print DSP. Then adhered to the front at the base of the center tree.
- A trio of Artistry Blooms Adhesive Sequins were added to the trees and background.
I know he will enjoy getting this card in the mail! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!