SNOWMAN PUNCH ART
This week on Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop our theme is Winter – snowman, snowflakes or winter sports! While I love the Spirited Snowman stamp set and it would have been perfect to use, I also love to do punch art…so I created my snowman punch art!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Joyous Noel (unfortunately has sold out) in the snowflake pattern was added on top of the base card.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was torn across the top and added to the bottom in two layers.
- The snowman was punch from Whisper White cardstock with the 1-1/4, 1-1/2, and 2″ Circle Punches. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The hat is a 1-1/4 square from Basic Black cardstock that has been angled along the sides, and the brim is the Classic Label trimmed down. A 1/8 strip of Copper Foil Paper was added for the trim.
- The scarf is a piece of Copper Trim tucked under the circles with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The arms are the Sprig Punch punched from Early Espresso cardstock.
- The nose is a sliver of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The eyes and buttons are 1/4″ punched circles from Basic Black and the mouth was drawn with a marker.
- I used the Pool Party Blends along the edges of the snowbanks and the snowman body, along with some Wink of Stella.
- Let it Snow from Alpine Adventures was stamped with Cherry Cobbler on Crumb Cake and then punched with the Christmas Traditions Punch (ON SALE RIGHT NOW AT 40% off!!!)
OK…what did the Design Team do with the Winter blog hop challenge? Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card!
"Hey Love" is a FUN and whimsical stamp set just perfect for Valentines and not just for kids! We LOVE the SIX little treat boxes we've come up with for our Hey Love Valentine Treat Box Collection!!! It is just TOO "Stinkin' Sweet"! In this Hey Love Collection, you'll get the tutorials for SIX great treat boxes all designed by Connie and Mary! Don't have this stamp set? These treat box tutorials are EASILY adaptable to any stamp set with similar sized images! Find the details HERE!