I recently held a Scentsational Seasons class…we made 4 different cards and a little favor using this set. Although this isn't the exact card that my class did, it is very similar…I changed out the colors. I loved the crisp white against the Crumb Cake cardstock…and the unexpected Real Red color combined with the White Embossed trees! Very non-traditional, but striking! I also love it because it lays flat for mailing without extra postage! If you are in the Columbus, Ohio, area and would like to be on my distribution list for classes…please email me! I'd love to have you join us!
Here are the details!
- The base card of Real Red is 4 1/4 x 11, folded in half.
- I added a 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White on top.
- Another Crumb Cake layer is 3 5/8 x 4 7/8 and I stamped Season's Greetings from More Merry Messages in Real Red.
- I used the small snowflake from Make a Mitten in White Craft Ink randomly in the background and used the White Craft Ink Refill and a toothbrush to make the speckles.
- I cut a 2 1/2 x 3 5/8 strip of Whisper White, tore it about 2/3s and flipped the 1/3 piece over the wider 2/3 piece for a layer of snow drift on the front. Those were adhered on the front of the Crumb Cake layer.
- On scrap Crumb Cake cardstock, I stamped the tree from Scentsational Seasons in Versamark, then embossed with White Embossing Powder. I cut with the Holiday Framelits.
- I cut two tree trunks from scrap Real Red and adhered over top of the white trunks.
- I tucked one of the trees into the front snow drift with Stampin' Dimensionals and the second one in the background snow drift with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I used the star punch from the Merry Mini Trio and punched from Red Glimmer Paper for the top of the trees, they are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, too.
- Finally, I used Clear Dazzling Details along the snowdrifts and randomly in the sky to add some sparkle.
Scentsational Seasons is one of the stamp sets we are featuring this week on Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions! It's not too late to join. Here are the details again.
- These cards are EXCLUSIVE to our subscription and won't be shown anywhere else.
- 3 week mini-edition that is only cards, October 28 – November 17
- Each designer will choose a holiday or winter set each week and make 3 different cards using that one set.
- Total of 45 unique card ideas from 15 different sets.
- Each card set includes a printable supply list with card measurements and photos.
- Perfect for your classes and stamp camps or to make for your own holiday cards!
AND…as a bonus on Saturdays, each designer will be sharing a little 3D favor that matches the holiday or winter set they chose that week. We will be sharing this favor on our personal blogs, too, but you can easily tie it into your class offering!
Check out the FREE previews on Create with Connie and Mary!